THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

laveen1

Knows what a fatty is.
:cry:Wow - what a thrill! My wife spotted a 6# flat (@ $1.99/lb) and sent me a pic from the store. It looked fantastic, so I said GRAB IT!!

I opened it up to check it out and rub it. It looked even better out of the bag.

So I applied the rub. Here it is all prepped and waiting for the 22.5 WSM to come up to heat.

I tried to keep the temp at 215 to 220. It varied a little, but other than a couple of short spikes to 230, it hung right around 215 to 225. I put in a full bag of Kingsford Competition briquettes and used the Minion method. I have a feeling the temperature spikes were probably from the wood chunks flaring.

When it hit 165 (about 4 1/2 hours later) I foiled it with some of the juices it gave off (there was plenty). 4 hours after that it hit 203 and I pulled it from the fire. I used a baster to get most of the juice from the foil, wrapped it tightly in the foil. Next came a couple of big towels and into the cooler. Three hours after that I unwrapped it and cut it up for the table.

The picture doesn't do that hunk of meat justice. It was exactly the color I wanted, and boy was it juicy and flavorful. Just writing about it makes my mouth water. Four of us consumed almost that whole flat.

Tomorrow I'm smoking a pastrami. I'll try to get some pron before it all gets eaten.

Congratulations on the brisket! It's a great feeling to finally get one right. I remember the first one I got right. It was a long time ago but I can still taste it in my memory. May you not have to wait as long as I did for the next good one! LOL

That's awesome!!!
I've tried one, well, one time.

Absolute failure. Have not had the nerve to try it again.

I have been grinding brisket that's on sell for hamburgers, meatloaf, etc. that's worked out real well!!

I think my two goles this summer will be to get a brisket down and beef ribs!!

If I can master those two I will be so happy!!

That's a good woman to text you about a hunk of beef. I need to find someone like that, every girl I've dated hasn't give two rips about food or grilling. Guess that's normal though and you got a rare one that does like it, or at least knows how much you do.

Back