My First Naked Fatty - with PRON

qapla

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Qapla
I was reading threads and came across the one about the "Naked Fatty". I then went to the link about how to make a Naked Fatty - so, I decided to try it ...

I picked up some Jimmy Dean
regular.JPG

maple.JPG

Here they are with a rub on them. For this first time I used Weber Original Dry Rub
20200222_120618.jpg

They were cooked in a gas grill with a mixture of hickory and apple wood chips in a foil packet
I used a probe thermometer to monitor temp
20200222_120640.jpg

I pulled them when they reached 180
20200222_142113.jpg

20200222_142957.jpg

Would have liked a better smoke ring ... but, the flavor is good
20200222_160758.jpg

Nicely done! I can't believe you have been depriving yourself of this simple yet sensuous treat. Can't wait to see round two!

Now you're well on your way. Try a slice or two of that with your eggs for breakfast tomorrow - griddled to brown 'em up a little... lots of options from here.

:thumb::thumb: The Flo Boy can cook!!!
Looks great, try it wrapped with a bacon weave around it, simply heavenly!!!

I was thinking of tossing some into a batch of chili I made yesterday.

Fatty and leftover brisket chili is a win-win-win! I speak from personal experience on this one.

I should mention, I am NOT from Texas ... I live in Florida and was originally born in Philly ....

There are BEANS in my chili along with ground beef - no brisket

But, I still think I will try adding some of the fatty when I reheat the chili

That said - I bet your brisket chili is good ... send me some the next time you make it

I should mention, I am NOT from Texas ... I live in Florida and was originally born in Philly ....

There are BEANS in my chili along with ground beef - no brisket

But, I still think I will try adding some of the fatty when I reheat the chili

That said - I bet your brisket chili is good ... send me some the next time you make it

I have to confess:
I'm from Texas and I like beans in my chili! :pray:

Now you're well on your way. Try a slice or two of that with your eggs for breakfast tomorrow - griddled to brown 'em up a little... lots of options from here.

Serving suggestion: Green Chile Sausage Fatty, HP Sauce, American Cheese, Fried Egg in a sandwich format.

qCGanKil.jpg

Oh yeah... and COFFEE.

YMMV.

Once I jumped on the Fatty Bandwagon I never looked back, I try and keep some packaged Fatty's in the freezer at all times.

Whatever you do, DON'T google Naked Fatty [emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice work!

I like to smoke a sausage log to about 140 IT and let it cool.

Slice it up, and freeze for whatever my Breakfast Queen wife decides she needs it for.

Confession time: I've never cooked a fatty. In my defense I'm not sure the local stores even carry logs of sausage anymore.

... I'm not sure the local stores even carry logs of sausage anymore.

Walmart should have them ... you can even order them online and pick them up at the store

I have been thinking of slicing the one I have left lengthwise to make the slices bigger

Back