My first Fatty

GVDub

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
George
My current status may say that I "Know what a fatty is," which is true, but I've never made one before. And, as always, I tend to skip a step or two, so I'm starting today by making up a bacon-wrapped stuffed breakfast fatty for this weeks breakfasts. Might as well start with a potential disaster, right?

Jimmy Dean Regular (they were out of spicy) Sausage, a pound of S&F's finest cheap hardwood-smoked bacon, a couple of diced jalapeños, a couple of slices of provolone and a couple a eggs scrambled with a little heavy cream.

Also up for the day, since it's "Cook ahead for the week day": Four 1# pork loin chunks, a spaghetti squash, some portobello caps and a couple of zucchini. Cook photos will be posted comments.

The lattice:

My First Fatty by George Van Wagner, on Flickr

The inside, unrolled.

The inside, rolled and rubbed (BBQ Bros KC-Style rub)

Ready to go into the cooker.

There aren't too many things better than experimenting with fatty recipes and trying new or different ingredients. That looks like a winner in the making. Nice job.

Is it done yet?

:becky:

Getting there. Keeping the grill temp at 300, the pork loin with the probe in it is at 140, and I’m about to go out and shuffle things around a little so the stuff that’s closest to the pile of burning lump can slow down a little .

Everything looks great! and welcome to the Fatty Club...:p

Back