THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patrice

Knows what a fatty is.
Today was a busy one in the kitchen. After making a homemade pizza with the kids using crushed San Marzano tomatoes, crushed garlic, dried basil, dried oregano and a couple drops of olive oil as the sauce, tiny onions from the garden cooked in bacon fat, peppers roasted over lump and goat cheese (sorry no pics, it cooked in the oven anyway) I made my very first but not last ABT's.

I'll spare you the details about the spatchcock chicken as I did it the same as the the last times, the only difference being that it was hard to keep the temp up and a good part of the cook was made at about 330F.

The ABT's were just filled with cream cheese as I wanted to start with the basics and go from there the next time. BUT, when buying the jalapenos, I saw some scotch bonnet and some habaneros looking at me so I thought "Why not?" so I added a couple of those also.

The ABT's were a big hit even with my 5 year old. But, depending on how close to the heat they were cooked, some of them were very mild and some of them still had a bit of a kick. My boy would look at me and go: "Hey, you gave me a spicy one!" and go about drinking more milk and chewing on a wet washclothe. I still asked for more though. The scotch bonnets however were still in great shape so when I ate a whole one I understood why people use jalapenos. It was good but too hot to just chew down like this. I had a bite of the habanero later on but I wouldn't eat a lot of them in a meal.

We completed the meal with some coleslaw (recipe from Kirk in a 2007 post, if you're still around, thanks! It was really good!)

And now for the pics:

ABT's ready to go:
P1020732.jpg

The fierce little guys:
P1020734.jpg

The chicken and ABT's are ready:
P1020744.jpg

The whole meal:
P1020750.jpg

All of this went down with a delicious Corne du Diable from Dieu du Ciel
P1020750.jpg

Sorry about the size of the pics, I can't seem to be able to downsize them tonight. Hope you enjoyed.

Great looking ABT's and Chix. Go easy on those Hab's and Bonnett's unless you like to feel the burn like me!

Nice looking color on the chicken, BTW.:clap:

Last edited:
Back