THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bproffer

Take a breath!
An older Traeger BBQ100 and Weber performer!

The seller originally wanted $300 for the Traeger and $100 for the Weber. He couldnt get the Traeger to work, the auger was stuck. He took it apart and couldnt fix it, so he lowered the price to $200. I called him up and said I'd take it, but he declined and said he was determined to fix it and sell it @ $300. :frown: (why would you post it for $200 as-is if you really didnt want to fix it...?) Anyways, a day went by, and I and i recieved a call back from him. He said he couldnt get the auger unstuck and was tired of playing with it. He also said that he had a guy give him a lowball offer of $100. I agreed to come look at it. So off I went. I found it in pieces. I asked if he would concider anything less than $200. He said since I was the first to call him, he'd take $100 for it. :biggrin: Then to my supprise, he threw in 4 20# bags of pellets, 6 bottles of lighter gel, and the waterproof traeger cover! He also had the weber for $100 and I got it for $80, including a nearly full LPG cylinder!

Anywhoo, After about an hour of intense labor, I finally coaxed the auger out. The tube was full of expanded pellets. I had to use a long auger bit on my drill to get them out. Well, after a good cleaning of the auger tube, I put it all back together and bingo, a working Traeger for $100!!!

Best $180 I have spent in a while.

DSC01731-1.jpg

The Traeger is in need of some TLC...but it works. No auto start or digital controller, but thats fine by me. I'll prob. buy a digital controller for it, the smoke setting was only 180*ish and the med setting is around 300*. Can these older models use the digital controllers?

DSC01732-1.jpg

The UDS is a work in progress, I only had one coat of BBQ paint on it, and it rained yesterday. The rust just gives it character! I had the barrel sand blasted but I found out not all of the liner was removed. I need to wire wheel the inside some more before I use it.

I know nothing of pellet cookers, but I'd have to day that you got a steal of a score! Congrats!

If I was you I would RUN and buy a Lottery ticket. You are one lucky guy!

Its a BBQ075...

I just gt to looking at this and I made a mistake. It is a BBQ075, not BBQ100...:oops: It was late when I posted....

EDIT* Why cant I edit my original post?

here's the Pron.....

Decided to do a few tri-tip. I used a homemade bbq rub instead of the Santa Maria style I normally make. Not too bad for a first attempt on the Traeger. A few hours on the smoke setting, and then high heat to finish them up. They are very tender and juicy! I definately want to get the digital controller for this. I would switch between medium and smoke every 30 minutes or so to try to keep the temps around 225. I used oak pellets. Not much of a smoke ring, but I can taste the smoke flavor. I predict good things to come from this unit! :mrgreen:

Tri-tip #1
DSC01735_edited-1.jpg

Tri-tip #2
DSC01734_edited-1.jpg

Back