THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I finally hit the flavor profile I was looking for which was salty sweet, with a hint of heat. I knew I hit it when my wife said "WOW! The best ones yet!". We both like dry ribs. I prefer no sauce and she just likes to dip... I guess it's a woman thing. :loco:. Anyhow. The only issue i'd been working on was nailing down the 3-2-1 method for my smoker, a CharGriller Akorn. Last week I did some ribs and the 3-2-1 made the ribs absolutely fall apart. Super tender and juicy and flavorful but just not perfect ribs I want. Well today I did a 3.5-1-1. They were just about perfect! Tender with a perfect crust, and just enough pull to enjoy eating them! It really makes me wish i'd done 3-4 racks to share with the neighbors! Oh well they can just bask in the smoke. :laugh: I did a much better job cutting them this time too!

Enjoy!
2-10-13ribs_zps9fca9d60.jpg

They look brilliant,nice and natural.
What Temp did you cook at please.
Cheers.
Titch

Back