My best brisket...

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
I started around 11:00 Friday night and finished 4:00 yesterday. I used big bad beef rub and injected with Kosmos smokehouse reserve. Cowboy lump mixed with Royal briquettes, hickory and Cherry chunks. The Cherry chunks came from a cord of wood I got last week. Very sweet smelling. best I've ever smelled from anything I bought at the store.
Also, this rub recipe is better than any rub that I purchased on the market. I will definitely use it again.

I started out at 225°. My Auber temp controller worked flawlessly. I checked up on the brisket at 9:00 that morning and it was at 225°. This brisket stalled for several hours at the 160° Mark. when I got it to 170, I wrapped it in butcher paper and placed in aluminum boat. I cranked the temperature to around 350°. After wrapping it took about two hours to finish. Pulled at 200°. Very pleased with the end result. it didn't have this really thick bark. There wasn't one piece of dry meat on the whole brisket. I also didn't mix the salt with the rub I applied the salt before applying the rub. Something worth noting, this prime brisket came from Costco and it was butchered. It had a deep gash at the end of the flat. This piece of meat was not processed well at all. Almost as ugly as my Thanksgiving turkey

cFpmdIN.jpg

w3DYloD.jpg

gamWgin.jpg

RxjjYPJ.jpg

r7eyrpT.jpg

I'd eat that ugly brisket all day!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is a good looking brisket and I bet it tasted excellent.

I wouldn’t worry about the gash in the brisket. For some reason Ive been having a hard time getting properly butchered meats this year. I’m not sure how or why covid could affect butcher quality, but apparently it has.

best meat I ever had was ugly.
That doesnt look ugly, looks well cooked, was it dry?

Meathead’s big bad beef rub? That is my personal favorite for brisket as well, at least with what I have tried so far.

Looks good.

Back