THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Cue the Alan Jackson. Remember When

When I was single I lived in a remote area of the High Plains. I paid a months salary for a Montgomery Ward Microwave. It was magical. Working really odd hours with no restaurant, cafe or even a CStore open I often cooked MSU Style.

Here was one:
In Microwave safe bowl mix
Two Cans Chicken & Rice Soup
1 Can Original Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chile
1/2 the called for liquid
Heat till hot
Top with cheese
Serve with chips, tortillas or Saltines.

*if I had a box of Banquet Frozen Chicken sometimes I’d MW and shred the chicken into the soup.

Really tasty at 0300 in a blizzard

Way back when, I had a nice indoor fryer that had a filtered lid so the mess was low. I ate a bunch of fried food. lol.
Huevos Rancheros
2 lbs. breakfast sausage fried
2 lbs. french fries fried
8 scrambled eggs
1 quart Pace Picante Sauce Hot
hot sauce to taste
lots of ground cumin
I would eat on this for several days. I would mix everything together except the Pace and hot sauce. After reheating, I would add them in.

When I was growing up my Dad ran a garage and my Mom worked nights as a nurse. I mostly had to fend for myself for school lunches. One day, in grade 3 I think, I threw together a sandwich with white bread (that's all I think there was back then), mock chicken loaf and Betty Crocker chocolate icing.

I was the talk of the class for a few days. Today, child protection services would probably be sent to the house, lol.

When I was growing up my Dad ran a garage and my Mom worked nights as a nurse. I mostly had to fend for myself for school lunches. One day, in grade 3 I think, I threw together a sandwich with white bread (that's all I think there was back then), mock chicken loaf and Betty Crocker chocolate icing.

I was the talk of the class for a few days. Today, child protection services would probably be sent to the house, lol.

Hero in my book. That’s why they’ll remember your name

Back