THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any houses for sale on your block.......I'd move to make those za's quick delivery, very nice............LOL. T

The house in front of us has been empty for quite awhile (foreclosure), but I wouldn't recommend it at the price they are still asking for it.

The pans that you are using are primarily for serving pie. If you want to pre-make a crust that you don't want to move with a peel, you want a 'pizza screen':

http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=1524&manufacid=0&keyword=pizza screen

But, I would avoid the screen and get a peel. You want to pre-dust your peel with semolina flour (not corn meal) and once formed, transfer your formed fresh crust on your peel. You build you pie on the peel (you can shake the peel a little as you go to make sure it isn't sticking). The lighter the pie, the less sticking. Novices want to start out with a basic cheese with one topping pie. (Garbage can pizzas screw people up because you are trying to move 5 pounds of toppings on a fresh crush that wants to grab the peel). And move the pie to the stone via the peel. There is a learned technique to this as well.

The semolina flour is another secret. Keep the corn meal for your corn bread.

At some point I will likely break down and buy a peel. We have personally experienced the "too much topping" effect on more than one earlier occasion...

Catch that ZYDECOPAWS? Weren't you just saying something this week in another pizza thread about cornmeal being a sacrilege?

(Stirrin it up, huh?? hee hee hee :mrgreen:)

Wasn't me, I swear it. If you find proof otherwise, I will deny it was me (at least the conscious me). I have nothing against cornmeal and used it on the stone in earlier attempts to avoid the pan. However I will admit that it probably wouldn't make a very good topping... :biggrin:

Back