More smoker pics.

To be truthful I wonder about firebox itself being large enough. The guy making it said we will give it a try and he will mod it if needed. I am also putting in a propane burner in oval hole in center. Will be my cheater. cant get the vision of River city Rick's? propane accident so I will have a pilot safety valve.
pilotvalve2.jpg

pilolotvalve1.jpg

and one of these burners.
flame_comparison1.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot about the propane. That should definitely do the trick. Looking awesome bro. Cant wait to see it all lit up.

Cheers

Norco,

You and Phrasty got me doing a lot of thinkin and schemin. I just got a line on a 100 gallon propane tank for $50 from a local propane supplier. The tank is too beat up and leaky to ever house propane again. I have ZERO welding skills/gear. What can I expect to pay out to a welder to do my chit up right? Did you barter with your guy? Old friend?

Norco,

You and Phrasty got me doing a lot of thinkin and schemin. I just got a line on a 100 gallon propane tank for $50 from a local propane supplier. The tank is too beat up and leaky to ever house propane again. I have ZERO welding skills/gear. What can I expect to pay out to a welder to do my chit up right? Did you barter with your guy? Old friend?

Not sure what some in your area charge. Ruben the guy doing my work had smokers on Craigslist that he was selling. I had admired some of his inovations. Dannypat21 had a smoker built so I asked and it was the same guy. I was going to do this myself but could never dedicate the time. Wife was not as excited as I was with my collection of parts. I called Ruben and he came over and I explained what I wanted. He gave me a price that was over my budget so I was honest with him. I asked what he could do for an amount and we agreed that he would work on it till he figured the labor/parts would equal that amount. He does these builds in his extra time as apposed to someone who fabricates for a living so I know I am gettin a hell of a deal. Besides you can see for yourself the quality of the work. Guarantee you if i did it it would not be near as nice. So barter, kinda, old friend, no but a new one for sure. Not only a good welder but a heck of a nice guy.

Link to Dannypat21 smoker
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1291762&postcount=1

It's definitely coming together Pat. Looks real sharp. Can't wait to see the whole rig complete.

Back