THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
He just had to go posting up some delicious looking rotibasket whirlybird thighs and I couldn't get it out of my head, so I decided I needed spun chicken parts ASAP. I grabbed some "Smart Chicken" brand quarters from the store, dusted off the kettle rotisserie, and went to town.

I dry brined them last night with a mix of kosher salt, Lawry's, and fine ground black pepper. The kosher salt + black pepper dry rub has been my go-to for chicken, but with everyone talking about the Lawry's seasoned salt recently, I thought I'd try to incorporate that into the mix. Just eyeballed a proportion of ingredients that seemed reasonable.

Finished brining, into the rotibasket

Kingsford Professional briquettes and some hickory chips

15 minutes or so in

Reading 197 in the thigh

Poifect

If you have a rotisserie + basket and havent done it, you owe it to yourself to give rotibasket chicken pieces a "whirl" :thumb:

Some high def crispy skin rolled in its own delicious fat chicken goodness:

hi-def-chicken-goodness.jpg

I would like to point out that while I "made" suds do this cook, he "made" me do this cook, and is due credit for inspiring me to do my first bird in a basket:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283095

I quote suds first basket chicken post in the thread above, as this is where it all began:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282192

C61-A4992-6-C6-F-4664-AF8-F-A9024177-F472.jpg

How could I resist the possibility of cooking chicken that came out like this? So glad I jumped in and gave it a try, so thanks, Neal!

Therefore, it's suds fault, and always has been!

:laugh:

Back