Moose Made Me Do It

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
After Richard's post of his last pizza cooked I had the meanest pizza craving so Friday night was pizza night. Here's his cook link https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297926

Didn't have by Roccbox or the Blackstone since I was at the cabin but I had a stove and KJ pizza stone :becky:

Trader Joe's plain dough

DdqYub2h.jpg

Let 'em sit out about 2 hours

ZhjbHK6h.jpg

After the rest I stretched it

4J1mB7gh.jpg

Stuffed the crust with cheese :-D

6HTdOuhh.jpg

Sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni

vCVnu1Dh.jpg

Into the oven

kUqczwhh.jpg

About 15 mins later

wEWZPYEh.jpg

E4gfldVh.jpg

AwKlwlPh.jpg

e3VhA8Wh.jpg

Pretty good crust considering I went over a couple mins

a4VdSvph.jpg

Second pie was a pesto pie

nZlZqFKh.jpg

Provolone

3QAjdOrh.jpg

Mozzarella and Blue cheese

andkxoVh.jpg

Kicked it up a little by adding heirloom cherry tomatoes and salami

TZcsAD2h.jpg

Oh yeah baby!

b8gORqCh.jpg

Arugula and a sprinkle of Parmesan

7FFaatkh.jpg

lemNLMeh.jpg

Leftover tasty snacks for the next day

whZo3VUh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Good lookin’ pies Sako!

I was inspired to the same thing as well - pretty much along the same lines as Moose’s original post. No pictures. Didn’t turn out great - too hot on the BS I think. Sausage got a bit burnt by the time the bottom was done.

Still pretty good.

Good lookin’ pies Sako!

I was inspired to the same thing as well - pretty much along the same lines as Moose’s original post. No pictures. Didn’t turn out great - too hot on the BS I think. Sausage got a bit burnt by the time the bottom was done.

Still pretty good.

Thanks John!

You gotta find the sweet spot on the BS. Richard has it down. People think bbq is hard but working with dough is so much more complex due to so many factors like the weather, the cooker, the hydration, the flour.... I feel like you can "play with dough" all your life and yet won't master the art of baking. Always something to learn.

Sako, when I saw the title of your thread, I thought "crap, what did I do now?" :laugh:

You did those pies justice, that's for sure! The nice browning you got on the crust looks fantastic, as well.

The TJ's dough is pretty good, isn't it?

Sako, when I saw the title of your thread, I thought "crap, what did I do now?" :laugh:

You did those pies justice, that's for sure! The nice browning you got on the crust looks fantastic, as well.

The TJ's dough is pretty good, isn't it?

This kind of bad influence is a good thing.:-D

Pretty happy for being oven made for sure. TJ dough is definitely good in pinch. It was a good reminder to take it easy and leave the dough making to Joe this time.:becky:

This kind of bad influence is a good thing.:-D

Pretty happy for being oven made for sure. TJ dough is definitely good in pinch. It was a good reminder to take it easy and leave the dough making to Joe this time.:becky:

The Primo Taglio dough I used to get at Von's was a game changer for me - so much so that I forgot all about working on making my own - that's how good it was. It became scarce as covid emerged, then we left LA. Give it a try if you see it...

The Primo Taglio dough I used to get at Von's was a game changer for me - so much so that I forgot all about working on making my own - that's how good it was. It became scarce as covid emerged, then we left LA. Give it a try if you see it...

I actually tried Primo Taglio from Vons but I prefer the TJ dough. Gotta give it another run now.

Two great lookin pies!
I get my premades from Winco. Never can find em at TJ.

Back