THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Would anyone else take this...

Small catering event one Wednesday night per month for 12-15 persons. Menu wouldn't be set, but pricing would be, sandwich/lighter fare, 1 side, possible light dessert. Roughly $5-8 per person. LIke I said, monthly oppertunity, at a local firehall that could yield future jobs...

Anyone else think this is as worthwhile as I do?

Thanks!!

Honestly....not if it's BBQ.
To much time involved for too little return.

UNLESS....it's something easy like chicken or pork loin. :biggrin:

Now i'm not one to turn down work so i would probably make it happen!

Good luck Tim, get your name out there!

As Bubba said. No BBQ. But brats, burgers and oter grilled food I could make it happen. I would want a minimum price, not just a charge per head on such a small event.

Nope! Max you make is $80 per week. Do it a couple of times and thats it (just to get your name out there).

Here is my math : 8x 15=$120; 2/3 profit= $80

Disclaimer: Your time may be more valuable, if you have a day job and need time for Wife/GF, kids, friends, clubs, etc. YMMV

It's not going to be Q... although, if I have a bigger Q gig the weekend before, I will do some extra and serve that to them. I may also use them as 'test subjects' for new recipies, etc...

Nope. I dont leave the house unless I can make money. IMHO $50 / hour for my time is the magic number, and that means every hour including shopping and prep.

If you have the time and the inclination, I say - why not? What's the worst that could happen? You do it 2-3 times and if it doesn't lead to bigger things you can always politely end the deal. You could ask for higher $$ if they want ribs or pulled pork. Plus, at this price, you can try out some recipes and see how they go over. Word of mouth is a great way to make a sale... Once a month? Why not! You never know who's gonna sample your food and fall in love.

Back