THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

timzcardz

Babbling Farker
Finishing up some work for a meeting later this AM, and I have the TV on.

On the History Channel is Modern Marvels - "BBQ Tech." covering the history and methods beyond all aspects of BBQ and grilling including manufaturing of lump and K, gas grills, infrared, etc.

Includes a piece on David Klose and his creations.

Interesting and worth watching if you can catch it sometime at a more reasonable hour of the day!

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=175411

Last edited:
Did they have the BBQ Guru,Themapens, Pellet cookers or Backwoods on there with their convection option ? If not then I guess it's not really a show about bbq technology.

That looks like something I’d really like to see. I couldn’t seem to find when it’s going to rebroadcast. If anyone knows, please post it.
Thanks.

I didn't see the whole thing (came in halfway and was working too), but they did go through pellet cookers, including the entire process of manufacturing the pellets and the cookers.

I couldn't find when it would be rebroadcast either.

i saw this when it originally broadcasted a few months back. while it may not have been cutting edge (i.e. guru's etc.) i still found it enjoyable to watch. i wish there more shows like this. instead i sit around waiting for the bbq showdown and wishing i'd done more contests this year. :frown:

brian j said:
i saw this when it originally broadcasted a few months back. while it may not have been cutting edge (i.e. guru's etc.) i still found it enjoyable to watch. i wish there more shows like this. instead i sit around waiting for the bbq showdown and wishing i'd done more contests this year. :frown:
You are always going to wish you have done more contests..... I have come to realize this!!! I did a total of 15 this year, including 3 non-sanctioned events.... and I still find I'm cussing at myself for not eeeeking out a little more money to do the Brain Injury Assoc. contest, and the one in November in Arkansas.... I could have cooked 22, and I bet I would still be wishing I had done more.

I saw the show a couple of months ago as well. While I didn't see where all the "tech" part of it came in, I did enjoy watching it.

Andy, you're a nut, bro! 22 contests??? Somehow I don't think I'd ever wish myself doing more than a dozen! :shock: Maybe if I didn't have a one man show to set up and a one man/one woman show for tear down! :lol:

YankeeBBQ said:
Did they have the BBQ Guru,Themapens, Pellet cookers or Backwoods on there with their convection option ? If not then I guess it's not really a show about bbq technology.

Let's not get carried away.......:wink: The show was basically about what BBQ was a hundred years ago and what it has evolved into today. The show made very clear the difference between BBQ and grilling. For a one hour show I think it was well done. I am sure if they had 2 or three hours they could have touched on everything. Don't forget it was on the History Channel.

Back