Mission: Name Our New Product - List of Names

First cook with the super secret test product. Decided on some Sirloins. Flying solo tonight, so just one. Gave it a good coat...

sUDjdee.jpg

And on the Big Joe...

zFRFC5J.jpg

Little flame action to finish it up...

b6qlAw0.jpg

Good stuff Maynard.

aGTRYq7h.jpg

Good flavor, not too salty. Somewhat similar to some of the "steak seasonings" but just a bit different.

For a name, I'll throw in "Pick a name of a place noted for beef" Beef Seasoning:

Ft. Worth Beef Seasoning... Oklahoma Beef Seasoning... Montana Beef Seasoning... Stockyards Beef Seasoning... etc... I'd avoid Chicago or Montreal as Weber & McCormick already have those covered.

Good job John!

First cook with the super secret test product. Decided on some Sirloins. Flying solo tonight, so just one. Gave it a good coat...

sUDjdee.jpg

And on the Big Joe...

zFRFC5J.jpg

Little flame action to finish it up...

b6qlAw0.jpg

Good stuff Maynard.

aGTRYq7h.jpg

Good flavor, not too salty. Somewhat similar to some of the "steak seasonings" but just a bit different.

For a name, I'll throw in "Pick a name of a place noted for beef" Beef Seasoning:

Ft. Worth Beef Seasoning... Oklahoma Beef Seasoning... Montana Beef Seasoning... Stockyards Beef Seasoning... etc... I'd avoid Chicago or Montreal as Weber & McCormick already have those covered.

Good job John!

Thanks for the review! Great looking steak.

Just pulled my sample out of the mailbox. Did a quick taste test and can tell this is going to be great on a steak. Hopefully I can get a review done this weekend.

Thanks for letting me participate.

Matt

got my sample last night. have some meat working right now, but will have to wait until tomorrow to post it. in the interim, here are some more name suggestions courtesy of some sudsy inspiration.

Farkin Good
farkin awesome
awesome sauce
the good stuff
the right stuff
flavor bomb
farkin fantastic
super savory
trust us dust
gotta have it
super dust
flavor magic
one bite wonder dust
universal magic
wonder dust
umami bomb
umami bombi
flavor explosion
savory explosion
all the right stuff
all the right dust
super sprinkles
savory bomb
just use it
magic sprinkles
sprinkle magic
meat temptation
protein temptation
wham bam
fark yeah
power dust
power sprinkles
divine dust
divinity

Unami bombi is certainly an inspired name. Lol

lol, ty. without giving my whole review away, the umami name suggestions came from what will be the first part of my review.

edited to add other name suggestions

umami mami
holy umami
umami sprinkles
umami magic
umami dust
umami punch
slap ya umami

the more i think about it, more names come to me. i have not previously used any of your products, but i can honestly say this one is a winner for sure.

Last edited:
okay, time to give my review. i chose to use my sample on two different meats. first up was a boneless skinless chicken thigh. second was beef jerky.

test 1- the chicken thigh. i know it was developed with a beefy focus, but i wanted to try it on something else, because i am a curious sort and like experimenting. anyway, nothing fancy, just sprinkled a good layer on a boneless skinless chicken thigh and baked it in the oven at 400 til done.

it was excellent. very savory, very complex and not overly salty and no one flavor seemed to dominate. and i could still taste the chicken, not just the dust. this is where a lot of my umami/savory suggestions came from. it may have been developed with beef in mind, but it'll work some magic on a yard bird.

test 2- beef jerky. wanted to try it on beef, because, hey, that's what it's focus was. wasn't sure what to do. long story short, while i was thinking about it, i happened to see a youtube video of aaron franklin making jerky. the light bulb went on and i had my mission. i bought an 8oz flat iron steak that i lightly tenderized with a jaccard then hand cut it into roughly 3/8-1/2 in strips. tossed the remaining sample (about 85% of the bag) onto the strips and mixed them til evenly coated. then into a ziplock bag for 24hrs. put em on the dehydrator with plenty of room in between and 5.5hrs later they were done.

jerky on

jerky done

due to the thickness, i pulled it off when it was still just a smidge soft in the middle. tried a piece and wow! it was awesome. flavor was really peppery, but not in a bad way. the bites without as much pepper, the flavor of the seasoning on the meat really came through. these, together with the semi-soft jerky made for a really enjoyable snack.
i bagged up the remaining jerky and took it in to work today. it didn't make it through the morning. i know of at least 7 people(i wasn't in the office the whole time) who tried it. every single one loved the flavor. i even had a couple asking when i'd be able to get more to make more jerky.

overall-excellent product and very versatile. while there is a lot going on, flavorwise, none seem to drown out the others. delicate enough for chicken and confident enough for beef jerky. i think you've got a hit on your hands here. i feel that to accurately hint to people what kind of flavor they should expect, it's name should include some variation/synonym of savory or the like.

couple more name suggestions

savory shot
savory magic
mrbill's jerky magic

eidted to add- i forgot to mention earlier that i think this would be spectacular on a prime rib roast
Save

Last edited:
okay, time to give my review. i chose to use my sample on two different meats. first up was a boneless skinless chicken thigh. second was beef jerky.

test 1- the chicken thigh. i know it was developed with a beefy focus, but i wanted to try it on something else, because i am a curious sort and like experimenting. anyway, nothing fancy, just sprinkled a good layer on a boneless skinless chicken thigh and baked it in the oven at 400 til done.

it was excellent. very savory, very complex and not overly salty and no one flavor seemed to dominate. and i could still taste the chicken, not just the dust. this is where a lot of my umami/savory suggestions came from. it may have been developed with beef in mind, but it'll work some magic on a yard bird.

test 2- beef jerky. wanted to try it on beef, because, hey, that's what it's focus was. wasn't sure what to do. long story short, while i was thinking about it, i happened to see a youtube video of aaron franklin making jerky. the light bulb went on and i had my mission. i bought an 8oz flat iron steak that i lightly tenderized with a jaccard then hand cut it into roughly 3/8-1/2 in strips. tossed the remaining sample (about 85% of the bag) onto the strips and mixed them til evenly coated. then into a ziplock bag for 24hrs. put em on the dehydrator with plenty of room in between and 5.5hrs later they were done.

jerky on

jerky done

due to the thickness, i pulled it off when it was still just a smidge soft in the middle. tried a piece and wow! it was awesome. flavor was really peppery, but not in a bad way. the bites without as much pepper, the flavor of the seasoning on the meat really came through. these, together with the semi-soft jerky made for a really enjoyable snack.
i bagged up the remaining jerky and took it in to work today. it didn't make it through the morning. i know of at least 7 people(i wasn't in the office the whole time) who tried it. every single one loved the flavor. i even had a couple asking when i'd be able to get more to make more jerky.

overall-excellent product and very versatile. while there is a lot going on, flavorwise, none seem to drown out the others. delicate enough for chicken and confident enough for beef jerky. i think you've got a hit on your hands here. i feel that to accurately hint to people what kind of flavor they should expect, it's name should include some variation/synonym of savory or the like.

couple more name suggestions

savory shot
savory magic
mrbill's jerky magic

Thanks for the generous review!
I really like the jerky idea.

Will you be posting this in Q-Talk as well?

would you prefer a post in the other thread or a stand alone?

edit-i put it in the qtalk thread so as not to clutter up qtalk with 25 diff review threads of same product.

Last edited:
I received mine Saturday, did the finger test, and steak cook. Great Stuff! Will write something up by this weekend. Thanks John!

The Beef Jumped Over The Mooooon Salt

Naturrific Beefariffic Salt

Simply Natural BBQ Seasoning Salt

OK John, I told you I had the winning name. Since this product has (to me) a distinctly California thing going on, the name was a no-brainer.

Are you ready?

Drum roll please!!!

Naturiffic Gold Coast Barbecue Blend

or

Naturiffic Gold Coast BBQ Blend

or

Naturiffic Gold Coast Beef Blend

Thanks everyone! I'm here all night. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

We've seriously enjoyed this tester packet from Naturiffic!

I've been rubbing a couple of brain cells together (damn that hurts)... to come up with this:

Naturiffic Simple Seasoning - Make the meat the highlight of the meal!

Naturiffic "One and Done" (as noted above) also really works.

Keep kickin' tail, John. You folks sure do some great work.

John,
Im just seeing this - heck I'm just learning of your company, Naturiffic. While i have no name suggestions, I hope you don't mind if i offer this quick, heartfelt prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, bless John, his wife, and their company, Naturiffic, we pray. Guide them to choose the best name for their new product, and grant them great success; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forevermore. Amen

john,
im just seeing this - heck i'm just learning of your company, naturiffic. While i have no name suggestions, i hope you don't mind if i offer this quick, heartfelt prayer:

Dear heavenly father, bless john, his wife, and their company, naturiffic, we pray. Guide them to choose the best name for their new product, and grant them great success; through jesus christ, your son, our lord, who lives and reigns with you and the holy spirit, one god, now and forevermore. Amen

amen!

John,

When I first read this a few weeks ago I struggled for a name. After a little thought why change it? Like someone else had already said I second leaving the name as is, X-Salt, kind of has a ring to it and an unknown dimension to entice you to try it. Plus, its easy to remember and recognize.

Just cooked up a Tri tip this weekend, I liked the seasoning even better than it was on the steak I did previously. Very good flavor and not nearly as salty as the major brand "Canadian" seasoning.

Let me add another name to the previous ones. How about Stockyards Seasoning Blend.

I was fortunate enough to receive a sample of Naturiffic's new yet to be named X-Salt. I gave it a quick taste as soon as I received it and could tell it was going to be great on beef. There is a good amount of salt, a bold black pepper kick and a hint of some type herbs or spices.

I picked up a flat iron steak, seasoned, and grilled.

kGR30BOh.jpg

HJVqkjFh.jpg

hdag5Klh.jpg

jgB7Hsbh.jpg

This is a great salt. Loved the boldness of the pepper and would definitely be happy paying for some.

A few name suggestions:
Big Bold Bovine
Beautiful Bovine
Big Beefy Bovine
Bovine Brilliance
Salt Boldness
Pepper Kick Salt

Thanks for letting me participate!

Matt

Back