THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
I am cooking 4 chickens for pulled chicken.I am going to be making tacos for a tailgate next weekend. I injected the chickens with chicken stock that I added Mexican seasonings to.

I cooked the chickens on my Shirley using cherry splits. Cook temp was between 300-375. I just cleaned my smoker so I was lazy and cooked the chickens in a foil pan. First time doing that. No mess.

When the chicken was done, I foiled the pans and let rest for a few hours before pulling. When I started to pull apart the chicken I was amazed at what I found. The chicken was very moist and had a ton of seasoning through out the meat. I have never seen that before.

Pulled all the chicken and ended up with 2 pans of meat. As you can see from the pics it is already seasoned very well. I plan on vac. sealing and reheating on my blackstone at the tailgate. I defatted the juices and will add back to the pulled chicken on the blackstone. Heat up some soft taco shells and have sort of a taco bar set up.

Made the Mexican spiced pulled pork last weekend. Will prepare the pulled pork the same for pork tacos.

Injected and ready for the cooker.
image_zps1uergha8.jpeg

Chicken done.
image_zps9nbldzxg.jpeg

Ready to pull.Skin pulled back.
image_zpsmfbwuxk3.jpeg

Do you see what I am talking about,spices from the injection.Looks like a whole bunch,but tastes awesome.
image_zpsydg0vbbv.jpeg

Pulled, looks and tastes really good. Did not expect to see the spices in the meat like that.
image_zpsvjnreip0.jpeg

image_zpst40icp07.jpeg

Good lookin' chicken Ron. I like your taco bar idea too. Going to be some great eatin'! :grin:

Back