Mexican Pulled Pork

I went to the store and purchased the ingredients for this tonight and I have pork sitting in marinade. I'm going to create a new post with pictures so I don't clutter his thread but I'll post a link here. Thank you so much for a great Idea!!!!

Where's "I'd hit that" Bob when I need him? Where I come from it's called Carnitas. It looks real good. :thumb:

Carnitas are braised in lard and ends up crispy, puerco pibil marinates in acidic juices and achiote and cooked until it falls apart. Big difference, but both are fantastic!

What! where are the annato seeds?

Here is my version from anther sites cooking challenge-

Looks amazing! Personally, I find fresh herbs and spices overrated. The dried or pre-made stuff works well for me. I know it's not culinary etiquette to take short cuts, but I'm a backyard cook, not a chef.

Nonetheless, your pibil looks way better than mine...great job!

I went to the store and purchased the ingredients for this tonight and I have pork sitting in marinade. I'm going to create a new post with pictures so I don't clutter his thread but I'll post a link here. Thank you so much for a great Idea!!!!

I'll be looking out for it, for sure!:thumb:

I couldn't agree more! Especially in Memphis...I couldn't believe I found excellent Mexican cuisine there when I visited a couple of years ago.

Yep. Memphis has a very large and diverse Hispanic population which surprises lotsa folks. There are 2 carnicerias, three panaderias and several Supermercados not to mention restaurants within just two miles of my house. Oh! And let's not even mention the tamales!

This has been on my to do list for a while now... need to start doin instead of adding stuff to the list...

That looks outstanding!

We used to live in Lombard, IL, and I know my parents were able to get the banana leaves at Jewel when we were there. They shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Any ideas on where I can find achiote paste. Not too common here in the Great White North!!!

I had to make some couldn't find it here either. I used a recipe from allrecipes.com but it was more liquid than paste.

Back