Members Mark smoker

QuintsRevenge

Name or Nickame
Ben
First time using the smoker hopefully works well.. Will keep you all updated 😀

Piiayx5.jpg

Following! Got rid of my offset years ago and I have a Kamodo now and I do love it but dang I miss my old offset, the Kamodo just doesn't have the space...

Some things I have noticed already hopper likes to occasionally tunnel ��, I have a few spots where leaking occurs. I will try to combat it with some high temp silicone and read tips for hopper.. just and FYI

Leaking around the lid or where it shouldn't like around the barrel?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leaking around the lid or where it shouldn't like around the barrel?

Small leak near hopper, as well a few screws where the upper tray attaches. Nothing big, small leak around lid but I think that’s normal ? Large billows coming out of the stack and alittle bit out of the drain catch.. otherwise I’m happy so far..

Small leak near hopper, as well a few screws where the upper tray attaches. Nothing big, small leak around lid but I think that’s normal ? Large billows coming out of the stack and alittle bit out of the drain catch.. otherwise I’m happy so far..
Lid leaks are normal. I avoided cookers with exhaust vents at the back lid area. Then found that even though mine had an exhaust stack it was also designed to exhaust at the back of the lid. Oh well...

I would wrap the drip pan in tin foil for easy clean up, that what i do on my pellet grill works wonders, I just change the foil every few cooks

I will definitely be doing this after this smoke.. any other tips ? I am doing 3 racks of ribs and chicken thighs. I am using BBQ delights hickory 100% tad expensive 1$/1#. Didn’t know if pitboss competition for 14.99 is any good ..

Any way to raise that rain cap up a bit? Looks like it may be a little snug in the pics that will cause excess pressure and leaks in the cooker from fan pressure.

I will definitely be doing this after this smoke.. any other tips ? I am doing 3 racks of ribs and chicken thighs. I am using BBQ delights hickory 100% tad expensive 1$/1#. Didn’t know if pitboss competition for 14.99 is any good ..

I use the pit boss comp pellets haven’t had a problem with them they burn good, if you want more smoke flavor add an amazing smoke tube to your cook. I also like to use a rib rack if I’m cooking more than 3 racks gives more room for other things on the grill. I like the pellet grills for their ease of use and after every 5 cooks or so I clean the ash out with a shop vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! Be interesting to hear your thoughts on smoke flavor...cooker looks like she is working well though!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back