THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
...purveyor!

The Butcher Shop Cafe and Select Gourmet Foods has been supplying Left Hand Smoke with some fantastic Kobe briskets and Berkshire Pork for our competition meats, along with farm raised natural chicken, lamb and fresh sausages.

JD McGee, Northwest BBQ, and myself set up our smokers in the parking lot last Saturday and did a little appreciation cook for Bill the Butcher who sold sliced Kobe Brisket, pulled Berkshire Pork butt, Wagyu Tri-Tip sandwiches to eager customers and had samples of Kobe Sirloins, fresh Brats and a first for everyone-Pig Candy!

IMG_2050.jpg

Bill the Butcher
IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

Kobe Brisket
IMG_2044.jpg

Berkshire Pork "collar trim" butts
IMG_2045.jpg

Kobe Tri-Tips
IMG_2040.jpg

Bill's signature sauces
IMG_2054.jpg

Meat counter and fresh salad bar
IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

Fresh sausages and Pig Candy
IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

This place is one of a kind - Ashraf and Bill will even cook anything in the butcher case to order along with the eclectic menu, fresh salads it keeps people coming back for more!

More meat!
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Butcher Shop Cafe/?albumview=slideshow

Check them out- they do ship too!
http://www.selectgourmetfoods.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Where else can you "practice" cooking Wagyu Beef?
I think I cook a mean Tri-Tip, but but the Kobe's were out of this world! Melt in your mouth tender! I forget what sirloin cut they were, but they use it in their Panini sandwiches, and we grilled them quick and they puffed up like marshmallows!
What can I say about the brisket-that stuff RAWKS!

Here are some pics of some of the Briskets and Collar trim Butts that I did for some friends party the night before-

@5lb butts-money muscle!
IMG_2011.jpg

Hunks o' beef!
IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

How do you Wagyu?

Man, I am so jealous that you guys found that butcher shop, looks like you have a great relationship and some outstanding meat. I really want to try a black hog shoulder for cooking some day.

Have been waiting for pics...saw that you boys would be playing with your meat at the Butcher Shop!!

Saw the place a week ago on the way to St. Edwards (our annual Father's Day trip to the Washington Microbrew Festival). They were closed...a good thing as I would have made far too many purchases following numerous microbrew samples!! :wink:

Didn't realize I knew where it was.

Very interested in the Kobe tri-tips. Will those Butcher Shop boys have pity on a father/daughter team trying to get an edge on the competition! Katie makes a good pouty face!! :p

BTW great lookin' grub fellas!!

Man that looks good! May be worth the drive to get a taste of some of that.

Had to do it fellas. Stopped by on the way home and picked up some Wagyu tri-tip!! Bill the butcher was explaining to the lady in front of me about the competition team they sponsor...how they took the bacon she was buying and turned it into the tastiest of treats!! :-D

Hope my tri-tip turns out somewhere near as good as yours Swamp!! :becky:

Had to do it fellas. Stopped by on the way home and picked up some Wagyu tri-tip!! Bill the butcher was explaining to the lady in front of me about the competition team they sponsor...how they took the bacon she was buying and turned it into the tastiest of treats!! :-D

Hope my tri-tip turns out somewhere near as good as yours Swamp!! :becky:

It will cook faster than CAB or Choice Tri-Tip, keep an eye on it if you do the reverse sear.

Back