THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I noticed on my drum the paint quickly wears out on the lid especially. Was wondering if anyone thought about maybe seasoning the outside to prevent rust? Or are you guys just spraying it down again with high temp paint?

I don't see why you couldn't just rub it with some food oil and a rag like many folks do to their stick burners while they are hot. I would think after a few apps, it will form a nice coating.

Tell us more about the Tacos al Pastor sounds like a new one for me to try.

Oh yeh nice grill..party on!!

Here is the basic recipe I followed. I pretty much doubled it up since I had 40 lbs of meat. I had plenty of marinade leftover though since we didn't cook up all that meat that day.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2176065_make-tacos-al-pastor.html

I made a couple changes. I also used some OJ and only used 1/4 tsp of cumin for both batches since it is pretty strong. I didn't have cloves, but I did have some tamarind pods. I tossed the pods into the vinegar to break down.
The butt steaks cooked quickly. After they cooked, they got sliced and put into large foil pans. I reserved some of the marinade and a little of it was poured over the cut meat and then tossed for added flavor.
It was really good. Only thing I recommend is that you do not let this stuff marinade overnight. With all the acid from the vinegar, pineapple, and OJ it will break the meat down(cook it like lime does to ceviche) and turn it to mush. I did a 3 hour marinade and that was plenty.

Thanks again!

looks like a great grill and a great party! And...that's big enough that if a guest ever gets outta line at one of your events, you can just toss him/her on the fire! Problem solved. ;)

Very cool. How does it move around?
That is a bunch of food. Nice job.

Rick

Right now, it requires the "two guy" moving system. I'll eventually add some casters all around or do a wheel barrow type system of handles on one end and wheels on the other.

You are a party animal! Great job! Love the party theme and the food looks yummy!

My son partys HARDER! So hard that he partied his way to the ER the next morning.:shocked: We noticed at the end of the night on his birthday that he was limping a little, but nothing bad. Next morning, he could not get out of bed, move, much less walk. I picked him off the bed and it was cries of serious pain. He couldn't even take a single step. We got the Motrin going and the warm soaks, but nothing helped. He did not get any better by the afternoon. At that point we started thinking it could be a hernia, a fracture, a tear, or even a testicular torsion due to the area where he had the pain. An ultrasound and x-rays showed that it was none of the above. Turns out he had a severe muscle strain in the groin area. Probably from the jumping ballon or a slip on the wet floor somewhere. The hospital grade Motrin kicked in and he was able to walk out on his own with crutches. It was no school the following Monday, and 3 days of crutches. He also found out how it feels to be stared at for using crutches. He asked a lot of questions about it and we turned it into a lesson about people that need to use things like walkers, wheelchairs, etc everyday of their lives. It gave him a whole new perspective.

He's a Good Boy and his Lil Sis is a good girl. They deserve it! I'm the one that's BLESSED to have em in my life!:thumb:

Bob

Back