THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
What do you think of these? Saw at Walmart.com. At $50.00 it might be worth the gamble.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meco-Charcoal-amp-Water-Smoker-w-2-Levels-Of-Cooking/12441314

0004295206392_500X500.jpg

I've got two of those in my cooker graveyard. Did a lot of meat on them before I came to this site. For that price you can make a UDS.

:rolleyes:I have one--does a decent job,especially if you don't have a smoker.There's no valid temp guage, and lid is loose,therefore no good seal.--but it does work. The firebox has vents , unlike the Brinkman,and temps will go up rather than burn out.Just sayin':confused:

I had a Meco that my dad bought years back. After doing the mods and messing with it endlessly to get temps stable I gave up. I scavenged all of the parts and used them to build a UDS.

Don't get me wrong, it'll do if you don't have anything else but it will have a much steeper learning curve and your patience will be tested. But last night on Diners Dive ins and Dives they showed a guy that smoked his salmon on a Brinkman ECB, it did him right.

Back