THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

txsmkmstr

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Thinking of what to cook last weekend and it had been awhile since the last meatloaf. The bride agreed (she loves that stuff) and went to grab what few extra ingredients we needed. Meanwhile, ABT's were calling my name and so it began. I cranked up the LSG pit and decided to let it ride - big fire and lots of heat pushing 300* most of the way. The only problem was adding a little too much moisture (worchester, ketchup, etc.) for the amount of ritz-crackers I had on hand so my loaf turned into more of a pancake by the time it was fully cooked. Needless to say it didn't affect the flavor. Behold a picture on the pit....

IMG_20240427_173304247_HDR~2.jpg

I like to lay a piece of HD foil and cut around the edge leaving enough for some "handles" on each end. This gives me more of that beautiful crusty bark and makes it easier to move around. It took about 2 hours to get fully cooked - longer than I thought considering the higher temps. Regardless, it was awesome. Plated shot for your amusement and missed out on the pork tenderloin we also cooked up. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20240427_175132646~3.jpg

okay, now I'm totally craving a meatloaf sandwich! I think I have everything to make meatloaf... (runs off to check pantry)

Back