THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Wanted to do some smoking this weekend but with the dry weather, I didn't want to take the chance on using my smokey mountain smoker. So I used my smokebox in my grill and this worked out so well.

Prepped the pork ribs and chicken thighs with Southwest Smokey rub on half and my own mix on the other half.

Pork-Ribs-and-Chicken-Thighs.jpg

Put the ribs on first and got some cherry wood into the smokebox.

Pork-Ribs.jpg

After a couple hours around 250, I pulled, slathered on the Maple Chili sauce and wrapped in foil.

Pork-Ribs-with-Maple-Chili-sauce.jpg

Then on went the chicken thighs and some Italian smokies.

Chicken-Thighs.jpg

Then 20 or so minutes before dinner, everything went directly onto the grill for a little crisping up!

Meat.jpg

Lovely mixed grill.

Meat-Sweats.jpg

The smokebox worked well but next time I'll soak the wood in water to produce more smoke.

That food looks amazing Dean, and you absolutely have my interest piqued with that Maple chili sauce. Is it only available in Canada?

That food looks amazing Dean, and you absolutely have my interest piqued with that Maple chili sauce. Is it only available in Canada?

Not sure. Saw it at a Canadian Tire location in Cranbrook BC so thought I would give it a try. Not overly spicy, but a nice maple sweetness to it with just a small kick.

Back