Meat hook for flipping on grill?

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hey folks,
I’m starting to get frustrated w/ my tongs and spatula for flipping meat. Too often they mess up the bark that I worked to establish.
While I’ve already got too many tools, I wonder if I need one of those meat flipping hooks? Who had & uses one here & would that be my solution to protect the bark when flipping meat like a tri tip?
Thanks in advance!
JD

Never tried one of those, usually use the tongs or a fork...I also wondered how they work....

I use a pig tail all the time, have a large 1 and smaller, they make them for left handed people also, will always have 1, for large smoked tender meats use the tongs. bacon flipper deluxe and fried foods wont shed the breading, actually have 2 smaller, 1 is in the camper

A pigtail is really good for turning strips of bacon too. I've given at least 20 away as gifts over the years.

Also handy for lifting a hot grill grate when you need to retrieve something that fell in.

Buy two for when your kid grabs it and takes it home. Then you'll still have one. More kids? Buy more pigtails.
Ed

I've had a set for years, actually forgot about them.
Maybe I need to give them another try.

I have used one that I bought at an arts and craft fair over 30 years ago. I have given them as presents for a long time as well. I cannot find a website but there is a phone number on the handle. 903-478-346 and E-Z Hook Made in Texas

The last time I called them directly because I couldn't find the website and they directed me to an order site and I purchased 5 but this was at least 5 years ago. Right or left handed and different choice of woods for the handles.

I do not know if they are still in business or not.

Great cooking gadget. Highly recommend.

Thanks,

Robert

Back