THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fireman_pete

Full Fledged Farker
Hi All,

I am looking to add a second smoker to my arsenal for larger catering gigs, and to have the ability to cook a whole hog.

The Meadowreek PR60 has my attention. My main cooker is an FEC100, and a couple of Traegers. This is what I use at comps, and are good there.

However, we do catering, and I have the need to cook up to 300 pounds at one time (The FEC is good up to about 100 ounds) I also want to offer the ability to cook a whole hog.

I am looking at the Meadowcreek PR60 Pig Roaster. Now, I know it does a great job at roasting a pig. My question is how well will it work as a smoker for pork butts & briskets? I have a feeling it burn quite a bit of charcoal for a 10-12 hour cook, but figure if I added a Guru or Stoker that would help.

Looking for feedback from anyone who uses a PR60 (or other Meadowcreek smoker) for pork butts, brisket, etc.

Thanks

Pete

I have no experience with the Meadowcreek smokers but I did go to their web site and they look like a quality cooker.

They definitely are quality cookers, and I don't see why it wouldn't cook a shoulder or brisket nicely. Their website actually recommends you smoke butts and briskets on 'em. As far as fuel consumption, I'm not 100% sure but I think it would have about the same efficiency as an offset of a similar size. JMO.

Cheers

Attachments

Pete Im doing peoples choice on the pr72 at Harrahs RIncon contest this weekend...butts and ribs..come check it out I will be using the bbq42 chicken cooker there too......

I am trying to get out there on Saturday.

Of course, this is your fault BP, I am looking at the Meadowcreek because of you :-D Which is ALL Good. I will be buying a BBQ42 for chicken, that thing is awesome.

Thanks

Pete

Pete Im doing peoples choice on the pr72 at Harrahs RIncon contest this weekend...butts and ribs..come check it out I will be using the bbq42 chicken cooker there too......

Back