THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seen Dukes on the end of the isle last night at the store, it was well over $5 a jar, about a dollar more than other brands lol

Seen Dukes on the end of the isle last night at the store, it was well over $5 a jar, about a dollar more than other brands lol

There are several different sizes. It was on sale at my store the other day. Didn't need any though.

Raised on Hellmann’s, switched to Dukes while temporarily insane, and finally arrived at Kewpie - the Japanese version, NOT the US version.

Wonder white bread, Kewpie mayo, Hanover tomatoes (maybe a sweet Jersey if I’ve got them), a pinch of salt and a full twist of black pepper. It doesn’t get any better...

Miracle Whip because that's what I was raised on. I can use mayo, but it's just not the same. Wife is a Hellman's fan. A few years ago Walmart started carrying Duke's and Blue Plate so I did a side by side of the three. I preferred Blue Plate, but my wife picked the Hellman's. Recently bought a jar of Blue plate to try again.

My wife makes a mayonnaise based sauce for brussel sprouts that includes butter, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. I asked her to use Blue Plate and the sauce broke. That had never happened before. Mad at me for forcing her to try the Blue Plate, she remade the sauce with the remaining Hellman's and voila, perfect sauce.

Now I have to figure out how to use the remaining Blue Plate before it reaches the expiration date. I may try to slip it onto her Bacon and tomato sandwiches. I'm thinking she won't know and I'll deny it if she accuses me.

Miracle Whip thread derailer.

Thanks,

Robert

This may be the one place where we part ways Adams…

A mater sammich REQUIRES Griffin’s yellow mustard.

(that is the post…)

Hellmans extra heavy is my favorite but you have to buy it by the gallon. Heinz Mayo is really good but i haven't seen it in stores for months.

Back