THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice job, Jay! Where did you all finish up overall?

The results are out in my camper, but here's what I recall.

Great Grills - Four calls, GC, 2nd Pork - Don't remember the rest
Team Q - two calls, 6th overall, 1st Pork, 9-10? Chicken
Smokin Mother Ruckers - four calls, 1st ribs?, RGC - Don't remember the rest
Pork Pullin Plowboys - 3rd Pork, 17th overall

Trying to remember what other Brethren were there...:confused:

34 teams

Nice going on the pork, Todd!

We thought it was our worst entry by far. Isn't that they way it always goes? :confused: Sixth year of comp and the Plowboys are still trying to figure this game out. Its so much like golf for me. You can struggle, struggle, struggle, but then hit that one perfect shot... you've got momentum again to carry on. We've got some things to work out for sure. We are modifying at least something about every entry right now. Got more info from this weekend to process. Having the two master judges cooking with us was great information for the future. We wouldn't have had a top 10 pork if it wasn't for them. They steered us on that one when it came to the presentation. I think it set up the entire entry.

Talked to Jay right after awards and he was pretty excited about his 1st place pork. It was our first time meeting Team Q and it was like you had known them all of your life. Spice, Baggs, and Fredbird are AWESOME bros.

Mark and Becky are on fire once again. Really admire what they can do. I'm in awe.

It was wonderful to see my ol' buddy Rickwieser back on top.

Was a great weather weekend for sure! Good time for sure. One thing about BBQ contests, if you don't win, there's nothing better than seeing you friends take home the money! congrats to Great Grills and the Ruckers- your just good people and great competitors. Good to meet other Brethren and if you have the opportunity to have someone that is going for their a master judge certification at a contest with you, take the opportunity.

The results are out in my camper, but here's what I recall.

Great Grills - Four calls, GC, 2nd Pork - Don't remember the rest
Team Q - two calls, 6th overall, 1st Pork, 9-10? Chicken
Smokin Mother Ruckers - four calls, 1st ribs?, RGC - Don't remember the rest
Pork Pullin Plowboys - 3rd Pork, 17th overall

Trying to remember what other Brethren were there...:confused:

34 teams

Congrats to all, any pics from the weekend?

Congrats to Great Grills and Smokin Mother Ruckers! Also to Jay and Todd!

It was great to meet the Pork Pullin Plowboys! Todd and Randy are great guys! Hope to see them again soon.

Team Q's next contest will be the Tiger Shrine contest in Columbia. Hope to see a lot of Brethren there!!!:-D

Congrats to Great Grills and Smokin Mother Ruckers! Also to Jay and Todd!

It was great to meet the Pork Pullin Plowboys! Todd and Randy are great guys! Hope to see them again soon.

Team Q's next contest will be the Tiger Shrine contest in Columbia. Hope to see a lot of Brethren there!!!:-D

you should have signed up for Warsaw anyway... I hear the stores in town are all sold out of toothpicks this week! :twisted:

"Contrats to all the Brethren who walked"!

You know what?
There are getting to be so many Brethren teams here who walk -- It is getting really hard to to sort through all the details and really focus in on the guys and gals who are doing so great each weekend! :oops:

That is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM

GreatGrills came by to eat some planked Brie with us. Also a pic of the park.

Attachments

• IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0024 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0024 (Medium).JPG
    149 KB · Views: 46
congratulations to all the Brethren that got the call :-D

plowboy it looks like the boys are enjoying this camping thing PS don't burn the marshmallows:lol:

Fredbird, I still say we should have put some butt prints on Big Chief's Stumps cooker. :twisted: That guy sure knew his cooker and it showed the next day.

Grand Champion: Great Grills O Fire
Reserve: Smokin Mother Ruckers

Third Overall: Smokin Guns
4th: 4 Miles Smokin Crew
5: Big Chief BBQ
6. Team Q
7: Up In Smoke
8: Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
9: Bare Bones BBQ Team
10. Rabbit Gulch Farm Cookers

Chicken
1. 4 Miles Smokin Crew