THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'd say it's more like an Hour, but well worth it! BTW, the long ireland guys have been telling everybody they'll be open in 2 weeks for about 4 months now. Peeked in there the other day and they weren't even close. Nice guys, great beer, but a little over promised and under delivered on the actual opening of the new brewery location.

i'd say it's more like an Hour, but well worth it! BTW, the long ireland guys have been telling everybody they'll be open in 2 weeks for about 4 months now. Peeked in there the other day and they weren't even close. Nice guys, great beer, but a little over promised and under delivered on the actual opening of the new brewery location.

I make Manorville to Orient Point taking Sound Avenue in 40 minutes. If you take the route through Riverhead it will take a lot longer.

I leave that for you to decide. I specialize in cooking barbecue, not self promotion. I see from earlier in this thread you are pretty good at that, let me know when you are teaching a class. :boxing:

Waaaaaapooooow! I ain't teaching a class but am looking forward to getting schooled by you.

The team you need to look out for IMO is McFrankenboo

Hey now, don't be dragging us into this fight! :p We're going to New England for a family reunion and thought, "what the hell, it's only a few hundred miles out of the way, let's hit a KCBS contest while we're out there!" Looking forward to this one and meeting some of the the names we see but have never met!

Hey now, don't be dragging us into this fight! :p We're going to New England for a family reunion and thought, "what the hell, it's only a few hundred miles out of the way, let's hit a KCBS contest while we're out there!" Looking forward to this one and meeting some of the the names we see but have never met!

Can't wait to meet ya'll too. Aside from the weather contests on Long Island are always a blast!

I'll bring the Harpoon :)

Sounds like it is shaping up to be some battle- :thumb: So who's planning on setting up Friday?

We'll be setting up Friday night. And Clint, don't even start with the rain...we're 0 for 1 so far with the August contest, don't jinx it. On that subject though, we were talking the other night, what do you think was worse, Sayville '09 or Willie '11?

We'll be setting up Friday night. And Clint, don't even start with the rain...we're 0 for 1 so far with the August contest, don't jinx it. On that subject though, we were talking the other night, what do you think was worse, Sayville '09 or Willie '11?

We'll be setting up on Friday night as well.
I wasn't at BOTB '09, but I'm willing to bet the weather at Willie '11 was worse.:rain:

Both were crazy wet. I do think the Noah showed up with the Arc at both. But Willies 2011, those ez ups were flying like kites, don't remember that at BoBB in '09.
We are going to sweat like hogs heading to the slaughter house this year.
It's going to be Great!!!! What type of Irish whiskey does The Maple sell? That's a true sign of a good bar.

Willie'11 and BOTB 09 were both bad but I think BOTB 09 takes it by a little bit cause of the mud and grass factor.....Let's hope if it rains it's only over Clint's setup:laugh:

Although we had noisy neighbors at Willie'11...Those Smokin Irish sure do get rowdy...:becky:

I would say BOTBB '09 but I was also fighting a cold at that one. And I had a river in my site that year.

Let's compare:

Battle 2009
YouTube - ‪Competition BBQ in the Rain‬‏

Williepallooza 2011
YouTube - ‪Competition BBQ in the Rain‬‏

And don't forget BOTBB '08. That was a crazy storm coupled with a certain site fire.

Willie'11 and BOTB 09 were both bad but I think BOTB 09 takes it by a little bit cause of the mud and grass factor.....Let's hope if it rains it's only over Clint's setup:laugh:

Although we had noisy neighbors at Willie'11...Those Smokin Irish sure do get rowdy...:becky:

Hey- I take offense to this, I smoke cigars and I'm Irish. Please try to practice a little PC. Thanks.

Just kidding- I'm proud of my abilities.

Back