THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
I was working from home today, so I decided to break in my new WSM. After watching Greg and Bob work the WSMs at Shannon, I felt like I was a pro! I loded up the basket about two thirds full with kingsford, and tossed 25 or so briquettes into my starter and got them going. Once they were going, I added them to the WSM, assembled it and filled the water pan.

I put in two slabs of spares (St. Louis style) and two fatties along with some apple and cherry wood. I rubbed the ribs with some John Henry's Wild Cherry Chipotle rub. As the spares were cooking, I sprayed them with some Bronco Bob's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce, strained and thinned. I pulled the fatties after three hours, but left the spares in. For the last hour of cooking, I glazed the ribs with the same sauce.

They came out great! nice smoke ring, nice and tender, ssweet with a nice kick.

Fine looking eats Ron.
WSM is a sweetheart for smaller cooks.
I use mine more than the StudeDera now--just because of the "cruise control" cooking :lol:
TIM

RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.

Nice looking eats!

RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Gret looking eats. You finally made me get off my ass and put my WSM together. It's been sitting iun the garage for something like 4 months.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

BrooklynQ said:
Gret looking eats. You finally made me get off my ass and put my WSM together. It's been sitting iun the garage for something like 4 months.

I'll give you my UPS number ship it down to me I'll put it together for you the you can pick it up :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Trout_man22 said:
BrooklynQ said:

I'll give you my UPS number ship it down to me I'll put it together for you the you can pick it up :lol:

Help a brother out mod.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Sorry guys. My other WSM is up in Albany with my brother. Haven't seen that one in a year. The only place this cooker is going is Grill Kings.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Maiden Voyage for the WSM!

Damn Ron, that first picture didn't help my Fatty Fetish!

Back