Made a good meal for me and my son, but...

Brew Crew

Knows what a fatty is.
So my wife and girls go away for several days with her mother. It's just me and my High School aged son. Great, this will be a good time for he and I to have good grub and spend time together. He was with a an old buddy last night he hasn't seen in 5 years and both of them and another friend stayed at another friends house for the night. Wife and girls leave just after church and I fire up the the smoker. Made two racks of ribs, chicken breasts, corn, and stuff jalapenos on the smoker. Ribs on at 1:30, chicken later, then the jalapenos, and finally the corn. I also make some nice baked beans with diced jalapenos, diced red onions, and garlic. So my son wakes from the dead at 4 pm. He came home at 8:30 this morning and has been asleep since then. Tell him I have a good meal for us, and he asks if he can stay with another buddy who is having a couple of other guys stay there too. Oh and he plans on eating with them.

Guess maybe I will see him and after he graduates...

The good news is I guess have plenty grub for the week and the house to myself while the wife and girls are gone.

Attachments

• 20140608_173105_resized.jpg
    20140608_173105_resized.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 437
Great looking plate......I know what you mean about teenagers and whimsical plans that are formed in a skinny minute.

Great looking feed mate.
guess you will see him when he wants some money:laugh:

I learned not to take it personal with teenagers....they have a whole different agenda. There will come a time that he will actually look forward to time with you and family. In the meantime, keep on offering him the chance to hang with you, he might just surprise you.

In 5 years, he's gonna tell his friends that he can't come over because Dad's cooking. And he might just regret this weekend, if he remembers it

I'm overjoyed to see a dad like yourself WANTING to spend time with their kids.

Maybe it's that family and food are so closely tied together, but this BBQ lifestyle of ours has a MUCH higher percentage of good solid families....whether or not all the members are related.

We see the selfish sorry behavior that's infecting the world as a whole and really affecting the joy I get from my other hobbies like guns and especially motorcycles. It's nice to come home and read about stories of family and people just being good to each other either by the way they speak to one another or by helping each other out. Thanks Brethren!

Thanks guys. My brother laughed at me and said I did the same thing.

Man my son is 22 and the only time we see him is when there is food or he is out of clean clothes.:doh: i do remember being the same way as a teen/young adult. As someone said, a few more years and he will enjoy hanging out until there are grand kids and then you will see them often:-o

I'd wager a nickel that your son's buddies would be mad if they found out that there might have been grub like that available for them and he passed on it.

I tell people that when my daughter hit teenager, I became stupid and un-cool. She's now 23 and my IQ is just now starting to return. I even heard a 'you were right' out of her once. I know that had to hurt.

Russ

I understand your situation with your son, happened to me all the time when my son lived at home, wife would take off with her friends or mother for a long weekend a he'd bug out to go surfing or something else all weekend. Oh well great looking grub you made for yourself!

Kid doesn't know what he's missing. Should havehad his buddies spend the night at your place & share the grub. JMO. I know teenagers suck.

Back