Mac-N-Cheese

I think you've been peeking in my notebook. The Double Gloucester - Cheddar combo gives it a richer flavor than standard mac and cheese.

Farfalle? Hmmmmm......Have to think about that......Oh, it's on....it's so on.....

Showed this to my daughter - maybe the world’s biggest Mac and cheese fan. She says yours look really good - much better than mine I think were her exact words. Think you sold her with the bow ties. I’ll be teeing up your recipe when the weather gets a little nicer. 28 is not good for a southern OK guy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Showed this to my daughter - maybe the world’s biggest Mac and cheese fan. She says yours look really good - much better than mine I think were her exact words. Think you sold her with the bow ties. I’ll be teeing up your recipe when the weather gets a little nicer. 28 is not good for a southern OK guy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

:icon_blush::icon_blush::redface::redface:

:laugh: :thumb:

I just had it laying around and figured why not? It's just a difference shape. Worked really well.

I think you've been peeking in my notebook. The Double Gloucester - Cheddar combo gives it a richer flavor than standard mac and cheese.

Farfalle? Hmmmmm......Have to think about that......Oh, it's on....it's so on.....

:heh:

Did the nutmeg in the roux and the cayenne purposely left in the picture give it away.

:thumb: Thanks John! You're recipe is solid. Obviously!

:heh:

Did the nutmeg in the roux and the cayenne purposely left in the picture give it away.

:thumb: Thanks John! You're recipe is solid. Obviously!

I'm pretty sure Sako and John need to have a mac n cheese cookoff and I need to judge it. :hungry:

I've been pretty good & low carb and all that, but I gotta cook for my kid's robotics team in a couple weeks and mac N cheese is on the menu for sure. And I'm gonna eat a bunch of it. For sure.

Nicely done, Sako - loving this!

What is in the roux? It looks like milk or cream, was the pic after you made the roux and added milk (bechemel?)

What is in the roux? It looks like milk or cream, was the pic after you made the roux and added milk (bechemel?)

Roux is equal parts of flour and fat, by weight. You can cook it to different degrees of color, depending on what you are using it for. The darker the roux, the less thickening power. You use a light roux, the color of sand, for the base of a bechamel sauce.

I'm pretty sure Sako and John need to have a mac n cheese cookoff and I need to judge it. :hungry:

I've been pretty good & low carb and all that, but I gotta cook for my kid's robotics team in a couple weeks and mac N cheese is on the menu for sure. And I'm gonna eat a bunch of it. For sure.

Nicely done, Sako - loving this!

Going to be close Greg. Awfully close to Johns' recipe. :biggrin1:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr

Roux is equal parts of flour and fat, by weight. You can cook it to different degrees of color, depending on what you are using it for. The darker the roux, the less thickening power. You use a light roux, the color of sand, for the base of a bechamel sauce.

More bechamel than roux I suppose. Started with butter and flour then added warm milk, s&p, nutmeg and cayenne. Once everything incorporated I added the cheese.

More bechamel than roux I suppose. Started with butter and flour then added warm milk, s&p, nutmeg and cayenne. Once everything incorporated I added the cheese.

That is mornay sauce. I watched too much Julia Child as a kid.:bolt:

Back