THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

likeadeere

is one Smokin' Farker
Since this is the world best BBQ forum, I would like advice on a remote temperature monitor. I've looked around, but every monitor is crap shoot if it's going to be dependable. I received a Weber Style temp monitor a couple of years ago and it seriously revolutioned my desire to BBQ. I have learned over the years that everytime you have to lift the lid to a bbq you lose temp and time. This is an obvious 'ah-ha' moment. I love being able to sit and watch my Seahawks play while monitoring my meat. What I'm looking for is a monitor that also tells me the inside temp of my grill. So a monitor with 2 probes, one for the meat, one for the inside temp. I've tried to use my monitor for inside temp, but it only goes up to 200 degrees; making it worthless in that department. I appreciate any help here. Price isn't really an issue - since I know, from experience, that having a good monitor is priceless.

joe

Maverick ET-73 or NuTemp NU-701. I don't believe Thermoworks has a remote thermometer, but if they do - I'd guess it's top notch too.

Last edited:
I use the Maverick e-73. Some people complain about the range, but I have not had any issues. Retails for about $59 but you can get it at most places for $39ish

Back