THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks all for the comments. I have a second house in Wa and will be up there most of the winter, you all have convinced me that a UDS will be built there.

I have looked at the NorCal and Santa Marias sites. Biggest issue is shipping, everything is expensive to get to Hawaii. I'll bet that they will build me a partially built frame in a flat box and that is what I am looking at. I'll start digging the hole tomorrow.

Ron

When I said some links in here, that was one of them. I have sent a PM asking for specifics, specifically dimensions of the pit. We are in the process of laying out our backyard kitchen that was going to include a fire pit, absolutely no reason it shouldn't be a Santa Maria grill. I am thinking of adding a bracero, so I guess it will technically be a hybrid. Braceros make it way easier to keep the flames down. Basically it is the same as not putting your cowboy grate over the live fire.

Thanks!
Ron

Back