THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like the waring pro 150 I got at christmas. Works good, a pain to clean up. You can get them cheeper at Costco....$ 70.00 or so as i remember. The Waring 150 is 99.99 at BBB plus you can use the 20% off cupon.

The inlaws have one. Works well for small items that you want sliced thin, which is about all they use it for. Summer sausage, ham, cheese, etc...

I would save my money and check eBay in your area for a Hobart. I have found that these smaller slicers don't have enough weight to hold themselves down when slicing making it hard to slice. I know you need a lot of counter space for a Hobart but you will be happier with the results. IMHO

I've been watching CL for a Hobart for a while now. The only ones I have seen under about $600 are in pretty bad shape. I am going to keep looking until I find one!!

Ebay has a better selection. Also check the business auctions in your area. When a restaurant closes and they auction off the contents there are deals to be had.

I have the Waring and can attest that it's a pain to clean. It has suction cup type pads under it and stays in place quite well. It sliced up 4 whle packers for my son's 2nd birthday and did a decent job for its size.

Hey Jorge
I have the one that is a little cheaper from Cabala's it's regularly 99.99. I got it for 49.99 during X-mas, ya it's a little bit of a pain to clean but it works pretty good. I use mine quiet often and very happy with it. The thing I like the best about it is it's small in size, it don't weight 1500 pounds, it fits in my cabinets and don't take up much room.

Back