Looking for a little help

I am on my second cook on my UDS, last week I did a 9.5lb butt. Went 4 hours no foil at 200, then foil for 2 hours then back on the grate with no foil for about a hour. Got to 170 on the instant read had a nice bark and was tender. I think as long as you have heat and a little smoke you will be ok. I am no pro like some of these other guys at smoking but,, there is many ways to do this. The guy who is teaching me does it a little diffrent, everyone needs their own nitch! Hope it turns out well!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't check in. Pulled them at 4AM they were perfect,nice bark and falling apart. I wrapped in foil and put in a cooler covered with towels. Went to bed and got up at 10 AM and pulled them, now just wait for them to be picked up and receive my check.

Just an update on the cook. The customer returned the roaster and severing tools, told me everyone loved the pork. She told me that she also had 100 pieces of chicken and had 40 pieces left over because everyone was eating the pork.

Since then I have been contacted by 2 people that was at the party and they also bragged about the pork. Overall I'm pretty happy with my 1st paying job.

After 4 hour I will cover my alum pan with foil ,works perfect but also do higher heat around 275-300, have plenty of bark and moisture.

Back