Looking for a good "beef" sauce

We always make at least a batch of this when making a brisket. The sauce is insanely good. If you let it cook/simmer for a while it thickens up. We will usually start it at least an hour before we eat and let it simmer the whole time before. The longer it goes the more it thickens and the onions/peppers break down. We always substitute the beef drippings from the smoker in for the butter.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/barbecue-sauce-recipes/texas-barbecue-juice

Dr. Hogly Woggly's Tyler Texas BBQ ... what a memory !!! I used to work close by and would go there quite often. I had completely forgotten about it. I assume it's still around. Going to have to take a road trip and chow down.. THANKS !!!

I usually mix the drippings with a little of my favorite bbq sauce and dredge the slices.

For an off the shelf sauce, I like Rudy's sauce with brisket. It is tomato-based, peppery and not sweet.

I prefer just an au jus with beef, but I have had guests enjoy a roasted jalapeno bbq sauce that I serve with pork and beef.

BBQ-sauce.jpg

Back