THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Hi!

We will be BBQ'ing for about 1000 men and women at the Northport VA facility this Saturday.

This is an annual event run by the Suffolk Police Veteran's Association and the BBQ Brethren.

If you'd like to join us, we could use the help. We need some folks that can come down around noon to help finish w/ the grilling and the pack-out.

Here's a whole lot of photos from last year: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207238888081558&type=1&l=c2819855e0

It's a great day of giving back to those that have served our country.

Veteran's who served in every military engagement since WWII will be present.

I wish I would have known about this, I would have made it down! Im retired USN and your not too far for me to join. I have a prior commitment, but next year keep me on your list if you would.

Hats off to you brother.

Hi guys I am sorry I can't make it down to help out. We are going out of town. Please put me on a list when other events come up with a little notice I would love to help out.

What a great event. Next year get the word out earlier,maybe some of us could get there. I would love to help out in the future. My kids are in or out of college. looking for things like this to get involved in.

Here's the address:

79 Middleville Rd, Northport, NY 11768

The guard at the guard house will give you directions (or you can put down your window and follow your nose).

Eric

I'm on the opposite coast so can't help physically - is food covered or can y'all use some donations, and if so how do we go about doing that?

I'm on the opposite coast so can't help physically - is food covered or can y'all use some donations, and if so how do we go about doing that?

That's very generous of you, but it's covered. Thanks.

If your interested in supporting events like this, are you familiar with the Christmas BBQ party at Camp Parks outside of San Francisco? They may need some $ help this year.

Eric

Eric, I live about 2 miles from camp parks. Any more details on ways we can help on that event? Thanks Chris

Last edited:
Eric, I live about 2 miles from camp parks. Any more details on ways we can help on that event? Thanks Chris

There will certainly be posts about it here, probably in October/November. Robert and John are Brethren and two of the guys that run it.

Eric

What a day. Everything was fine until 11:45. Then the sky opened up and Long Island got a month's worth of rain in a few hours. We were drowning but we kept cooking. Somehow we managed to feed everyone. Thanks to everyone that endured the deluge and I hope everybody liked the turkey.

Attachments

• a DSC03998.jpg
    a DSC03998.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 33
  • a DSC04004.jpg
    a DSC04004.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 33
  • a DSC04005.jpg
    a DSC04005.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 33
  • a DSC04006.jpg
    a DSC04006.jpg