THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lobsterbake

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Mark
Hello,

I am considering ordering a Lonestar Grillz 24x36 offset horizontal cabinet smoker with an insulated firebox. I have a Shirley Fabrication 24x55 modified trailer with an insulated firebox and love the efficiency it provides. The Shirley has insulation everywhere except the door and they use a 3/4" piece of steel plate as the door. My understanding from videos they have posted is they use to insulate the door but changed design due to a very few cases of warped doors and found it worked better for their pit build to just use 3/4" plate for doors going forward. It appears LSG does insulate the doors and the entire firebox so my question is does anyone have a LSG insulated FB and have they had any issues with the door warping or not sealing, etc due to how LSG builds their insulated FB'S?

Pit I am looking at:

http://www.lonestargrillz.com/24x36-Offset-Cabinet-Smoker.html

Thanks,

Mark

I am in my third year of my LSG vertical offset with an insulated firebox. No problems at all with the door. Got it due to little grandchildren fingers, etc.

i have the old style shirley insulated firebox door. looking at it over the last 3 years i cannot imagine how it could warp with all the bracing they use inside and outside the door. i know it has nothing to do with your LSG question but i don't want the SF guys worrying about their insulated doors. are you replacing the shirley?

Back