THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bowler

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Smokin’ Bowler
Hey fellow smokers. This is my first post but I have been reading articles as a non-member for years. Anyway I'd like to share my smoking experiences with my relatively new Lone Star Mini and my older Backwoods Chubby G2. First a little about me. The smoke bug bit me about 5 years ago. I started with a Weber and and have upgraded a few times. 2 years ago my buddies and I placed 1st in Brisket at the Fort Bliss KCBS event (and Reserve Grand Champs) in the backyard smoker category. Although we have not competed since then I am now seriously hooked!
About 3 years ago I bought my Chubby G2 and I love that little guy. Easy to use, sturdy and the reverse flow produces terrific meat! I needed something larger and it came down to the Backwoods Party and the LS Mini. I went with the Mini due to its stouter design. It is in fact a little tank. I also love the Mini although it needs a little more attention than does the Chubby but it also produces great Q.
A few tips if you're looking at the Mini. I strongly recommend the diffusing plate especially if you cook with water. Without the plate it is just too steamy. It is a dream cooking with the Guru but i recommend you go with the larger Pit Bull fan. Also, if you cook without the Guru, you need to take off the adapter since that affects the airflow and the cooker won't come up to heat as fast or as high.
I would like to hear any comments or questions. Thanks!

Back