THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I miss read your question. They are on the left side, but it does not have any extra rooms on that side, except for enough to clear the pipes. I didn't have her add anything there because I take the ball valve off for storage.

Let's talk covers. I know this has been covered several times throughout the 79 pages and almost 2 years. I think it is obvious that GrillWraps has a good cover for this. At $379 it better be good!

Has anyone ordered a cover by http://www.vinylcoveringsbymel.com/? MMTown (I will PM you separately) but you mentioned you were ordering one from there. Did you end up getting it? Thoughts/comments? The quote I received (with shipping to San Diego) is around $105 total. If that cover is decent it is a hard pill to swallow to pay $275 more.

I also reached out to coverus.com (still waiting on a quote). I looked on Amazon for different covers that would fit nicely and couldn't find anything. I definitely want something that is made for this and thus fits snug.

Any other recommendations

Very happy with my GrillWraps cover. Expensive but you know why when you see it.

Kaptain...would u be able to put the cover on if u left the 2" ball valve on? I think you are saying no but wanted to check. I hadn't thought about it but might like the idea if putting a cap where the 2" is when I am not using it.

No, it wouldn't fit with the ball valve on it. I am sure she could sew a bump out on it to fit the ball valves. It would probably cost more. Pretty easy to spin the ball valves off and spin on a cheap cap. I had some around from some Uds builds, so it was no big deal for me.

I ordered the GrillWraps cover for the vertical offset and love it. It was a no brainer for me when I ordered the cabinet. The 10 year warranty and the unprotected hot Texas backyard where I keep my smokers means that for the vertical $60 per year or for the cabinet I think it was $36 per year. And if it wears out, I get a new one. Peace of mind.

RR, I think you ordered the no flat tires. How did they do for you. I love them. I was able to move it by myself before they loaded it up, and just had a buddy help me move it off the trailer to the temp spot in the garage. Worked a lot better than I expected.

May or may not have already been addressed, but what ranges of temperature can you guys comfortably run your cabinets at? I'm eventually going to purchase a mini, but was just wondering about how you current owners feel on this topic. I would like to run anywhere from 225 to 350 if possible.

You can comfortably run at these temps. For the hotter temps you will need to run without water. Not a problem with this smoker. Dont own the mini, but have done this on the large one.

Read this whole thread and finally pulled the trigger on a mini in mid January. The wait is getting difficult. Hoping to have it by mid April. Anybody with experience running these smokers during winter? How did / do they hold up? It gets pretty cold up here December to March.

The smoker is so well insulated it has no problems running outside in the cold. It might take some more time to get to your target temp, but will run just fine. You may experience a slightly higher fuel consumption, but dont let the winter stop you :) Coldest temps I have run at 20F during the night, but then again I live in Texas and winters are mild :)

I know I am responding late, but who has a LoneStarZ cabinet in Indiana? I am interested, but not without seeing it in action before dropping the money. Thank you

Question for all the cabinet owners and anyone else that may have an idea. What do you do it it rains? My main concern is the uncovered exhaust vent and dirty water dripping on your food. I can always put a drip pan on the top shelf.

Question for all the cabinet owners and anyone else that may have an idea. What do you do it it rains? My main concern is the uncovered exhaust vent and dirty water dripping on your food. I can always put a drip pan on the top shelf.
Humphry's offers umbrella holder rings as an option on their smokers. I talked to Chris about it and he said it sounded like a good idea but has yet to offer them as an option. When I get my smoker I will install a couple of two hole ridgid conduit straps to the back so I can slide a fold up patio umbrella on it.

Humphry's offers umbrella holder rings as an option on their smokers. I talked to Chris about it and he said it sounded like a good idea but has yet to offer them as an option. When I get my smoker I will install a couple of two hole ridgid conduit straps to the back so I can slide a fold up patio umbrella on it.

I've been thinking about this too. I mounted a table on my cabinet with self tapping screws. Should work for the umbrella holder.

I bought one of those cheap 8x8 canopies from home depot. Works great, sets/unfolds in 5 min, but you will need tent pegs to keep it from blowing away in the Texas wind. You also need to make sure the tent doesnt pool with water. Other than that, it worked great for me. There are other sizes that will give you some working space under the rain...I may get a bigger one in the future.

Sheesh, I just got her and y'all want me to put holes in her? :eek:

I actually bought a couple of those and attached them to my deck rail for the same purpose. I'll have to think about it before doing it to the smoker...

Back