THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
We were in the mood for Seafood today and since Market Basket had Lobster Tails on sale this week for $5.99 I picked some up for dinner. To go with that, some Steamers. I had thoughts of Surf n Turf but since I satisfied that craving with Sunday's dinner, today was just Surf.

Two tails should be fine for the Mrs and me. Split them and grill them flesh side down for a few minutes, then they'll eventually be flipped. Seasoned with Blackstone Tequila Lime.

The steamers are in a bath of Melted Butter, White Wine and diced Garlic in the Lodge Cast Iron -

f28CFlV.jpg

The tails then get flipped. The skewer prevents them from curling. The Steamers are covered on the top grate, steaming away. I make use of the Steamer sauce to baste the Lobster Tails and keep them moist -

01o2e7X.jpg

ke0Jlav.jpg

Tails are done at an internal temp of 145 or so. Add some Parsley to the Steamers just before they're set to come off the grill -

Z44cNC4.jpg

xqG4OCc.jpg

Served with Corn on the Cob of course -

qVQvW0k.jpg

X2TLBgV.jpg

XRnkX5T.jpg

We were supposed to have eaten outside as this can get kinda messy, but an unexpected thunderstorm came rolling through as I was tending the grill. Oh well, grilling in the rain isn't anything new for me. Dinner must be served and the chef sometimes gets wet.

The White Wine/Butter/Garlic mixture was perfect with the Steamers, drizzled on the Lobster and brushed over the Corn.

Quite the excellent midweek dinner for us! :mrgreen:

Thanks for taking the time to read through this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

No, thank you for taking the time to post it!!!
Getting to the end was a pleasure, especially since you kind of know how it's going to end....in a delicious meal. Nicely done!!

Beautiful, Dom!

That's quite a tale of two tails...

I hope the rest of your week is as enjoyable.

We were in the mood for Seafood today and since Market Basket had Lobster Tails on sale this week for $5.99 I picked some up for dinner. To go with that, some Steamers. I had thoughts of Surf n Turf but since I satisfied that craving with Sunday's dinner, today was just Surf.

That looks stinking INCREDIBLE! Honestly, award winning. Wow. I would pay $50 for one plate. Really nice job!!

And Market Basket??? I had no idea that chain was still around! We had this growing up in Fairbanks, Alaska in the 80s, but they were out of business by the early 90s there. Haven't seen one since. Very cool to hear that name!

And Market Basket??? I had no idea that chain was still around! We had this growing up in Fairbanks, Alaska in the 80s, but they were out of business by the early 90s there. Haven't seen one since. Very cool to hear that name!

Market Basket is a very large New England grocery chain, formerly known as DeMoulas which underwent a somewhat famous feud between the owners, who were cousins, about 6 years ago. Arthur S DeMoulas ousted cousin Arthur T DeMoulas from the CEO position and all the employees and almost all the customers went on strike and boycotted the chain, myself included. It pained me to shop elsewhere but customers supported the employees.

After many weeks of almost no business, Arthur S caved, Arthur T was reinstated as CEO and the chain returned to normal. It of course made regional news here in New England as well as national news. Customers and employees are that loyal to the Arthur T side of the DeMoulas family.

Anyway, back to lobster and steamers. I'm glad folks enjoyed reading this thread. Except for pouring rain, this was a fun cook.

-Dom

Back