THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Randy congrats! You had a lot to over come with bad meat this weekend.

Congrats to the Plowboys for a great showing this weekend Invitational and Open!

Many people had a great weekend as well. Many brethren got calls! It was great seeing everyone!

made it home late last night glad I was able to see some of the brethren.

Congratulations Todd and to all the brethren that got calls

I want to hear that story?????

Well it started Friday night. I had purchased 6 Butts to cook for the weekend along with 6 slabs of ribs. When I started prepping the butts friday I cut into the package. About that time 2 buddies came up to me and I thought one of them crapped his pants. I asked who did it and neither one claimed to. I then smelled the meat and discovered that the pork was bad. Come to find out that the ribs were bad too. Thank God Scavuzzos had their meat truck right next to us, so we bought 6 butts from them. They only had spares for ribs. So I made a trip all the way back home to get ribs out of a new case of ribs that I bought. After getting the new meat we had to track down a new meat inspector to come by and re-inspect our meat. So needless to say between the weather not cooperating and the bad meat, we had a little drama at out location. Plus we were in BBQ Alley and they don't honor the quite hours. We had teams and vendors partying all hours of the night.

You know that after they called our name for Grand all that other stff went away.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOH!!!! And I even talked to him a couple of times! I started figuring it out when I remembered what placings Andy said he had, but didn't see HoDeDos name......

A quick entry into a secret public journal (Mike Brubiglia mod)

Tom and I are here ringside at the GAB where we were thankful to be merely judges enjoying a good nights sleep while all our friends were building arks and grabbing rubs and sauces two by two before they washed away.... Seriously, the thunder woke us to a see torrential downpours for many of the early morning hours. Good luck today Brothers and Sisters.....hope a little weather doesnt deter you a bit!!!

We were having our own little "duck" races in the river flowing through our camp... Wayne and I were watching the beer cans float from one end of the lot to the other in woodlands creek. (sites in the river bed mod)

THAT was clever!

I called Andy this morning just before it started raining here....he said it was quite wet last night.....Good luck to all!
I thought we talked about how Phil was getting to have Prom fun...:twisted: Great to know you were listening :rolleyes: hehehe < not just memory, but hearing too??>

Thanks for the reminder.....ya farker!:twisted:
My wife likes to call mine "selective" memory. I dont get to blame age.... yet :icon_cool

It was great time. I got to meet a bunch of brothers, as well as see some old faces. The judges we kind to me and had a surprising overall finish. Thank to the brethren who have given me ideas on my bane (pork). Even though I didn't get a walk, 22nd pork in that field made me feel like a 1st place winner. Oh wait that was Plowboys. Congrats to all the Brethren winners. And thanks Ford for breakfast on Saturday morning. It was great.

It was great time. I got to meet a bunch of brothers, as well as see some old faces. The judges we kind to me and had a surprising overall finish. Thank to the brethren who have given me ideas on my bane (pork). Even though I didn't get a walk, 22nd pork in that field made me feel like a 1st place winner. Oh wait that was Plowboys. Congrats to all the Brethren winners. And thanks Ford for breakfast on Saturday morning. It was great.

Clay you did a heck of a job brother!!!! I was stoked to hear your name.

And that tenderloin Ford did was like BUTTA!!!! Good stuff. Wayne brought me back a nibble <diet food mod>

Great to see everyone... and as usual, a blast to be next to the meatheads, and thier loud neighbor on the other side... 8)

It was great seeing everyone!

Back