Little Dick's pop-up search

• Thread starter LittleDick'sBBQ
  • Start date
L

LittleDick'sBBQ

Greetings,

Since so many Brethren compete and/or vend, I thought y'all may be able to help me.

I have a 10x10 pop-up canopy to cover the WSM, but Mrs. Little Dick and I like to use it to sit in the shade too! The problem: after a few weeks the el-cheapo metal frame has broken/parted.

I am in search of a 12x12 canopy, high quality, that we can set up outside and just leave there. (It does not need to be TOO portable!) I am happy to spend some $$ for a good product rather than spending $$ replacing a poor product.

Thank you,
Little Dick

Just be careful buying EZ up brand. They sell a deceptively advertised 12' x 12' that is only that big at the feet. It gets smaller as it goes up. The actual canopy is smaller than the 10'x10 Quickshade brand that we use.

At the shop I work we use KDKanopy. We have a hex popup but you can get them in square or other designs. The hex frame has been all over New England for at least 10 years now and is still in perfect shape. The Canopy has been replaced only once that I know of... this past summer. The reason for the Canopy replacement was not that it was worn out... but a change in logos.

This company will do a complete custom digital print logo on it also. So you wont be tied to a traditional screen system but can have some wicked nice gradients on your Canopy graphics.

They are Not Inexpensive. I think that our canopy alone was $400 with printing on the valances only. I don't recall the cost of the frame. But they are the best quality that I have seen.

Below is a link to the data sheet to the one that we use.

http://www.kdkanopy.com/SpecSheets/hexagon_81_spec.pdf

Hope this Helps.

-Jeep

head to bj's in waterford and pick up one of these

I've had one for a few years now and it works great although I don't leave it up for more than 3-5 days at a time

and I think they have free trial membership going right now in case you are not a member

Back