THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F

fnnm358

Does anyone light there uds with a weed burner and how do you know it is lit enough

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I light mine with a weed burner... It only takes about 30 seconds or so, but I actually watch my pit thermometer and and usually take it off around 200 degrees.

I should of also put do you use charcoal or lump

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I bought my weed burner to light my UDS. I just get a spot in the middle lit which only takes 30 seconds or so as stated above. You can easily see what is going on down in there. Works great.

Sometimes I do. Just depends on what all I have going on. It works great esp. if I need the pit up and running quickly, but if I have a little time I'll just use the chimney to get started. I don't use it all the time because I have the torch removed from the propane bottle and stored up high (father of 8 & 10 year old boys mod) and I'm too lazy to get it down sometimes.

DSC_0203.jpg

+1

I love using the weed burner to start fires. I am usually ready to cook in under 15 minutes and often much faster than that.

Back