THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

geer2.jpg
This is the business part of my offset firebox.

http://www.bbqrsdelight.com/images/geer2.jpg

WOW no hits since nov. 20 boy you can really tell winter set in quick and didn't let up. hope everyone had a great holiday season and lets count this as the official bump back to the top to see what the winter mods had in store.

Ive got a question. Ive got a grill made out of part of an old propane tank. If I decided to add a side box to this grill, how big does the opening need to be from the fire box to the grill chamber?

Great looking smokers folks.....Here is mine still in progress.. I hope it still counts I am builing mine as a gasser....dont hate:-D

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Here is the most recent pic

sMOKERWITHSHELF.jpg

My mods (when Finished) will include baffle, tuning plates, Tel Tru thermo, and whatever other great ideas I get from all the folks around here.

I had a cheap chargriller offset and I kind of miss it to be honest, I miss using just wood logs and no charcoal. I almost want to buy another one and mod it, I love my WSM for how reliable and steady it is with temps but charcoal just doesn't give the same flavor as a stick burner IMO.

heres my jambo backyard 24x48 double insulated firebox she cooks realnice

Attachments

• 0808000745.jpg
    0808000745.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 483
We made this one several years ago it have special meaning to me ,the student that did most of the work drown that summer after graduation

CopyofDSCN9858.jpg

What do you think of the Old Country clone?

I like it so far, only have one cook on it.

This is a new hobby for me, so not a lot of experience with other smokers to compare it to, but I knew I wanted a Bandera when I saw them on forums like this, then found out it isn't made anymore.

We just had a few Academys open here, and I snatched one of these up as soon as they got them in.

Back