Legal anywhere?

Best of the Best sponsored by NBBQ News allows all comers. You just declare what you are cooking on/with.

Best of the Best at the National Barbecue Festival (sponsored by NBBQ News and the Exchange Club of Waycross) is an "invitational" contest only. You must have either won a qualifying contest or be one of the top 10 teams in a recognized sanctioning organization in order to be invited.

I must say that there were some GREAT teams there this year and some awesome entries to judge!!! I truly enjoyed my two-day judging this year!!! Can't wait to go back next year!

Best of the Best at the National Barbecue Festival (sponsored by NBBQ News and the Exchange Club of Waycross) is an "invitational" contest only. You must have either won a qualifying contest or be one of the top 10 teams in a recognized sanctioning organization in order to be invited.

I must say that there were some GREAT teams there this year and some awesome entries to judge!!! I truly enjoyed my two-day judging this year!!! Can't wait to go back next year!

Correct for "Best of the Best" on Thursday/Friday.

But the "Open" on Friday/Saturday is open to anyone who enters.

We cooked the first contest only this year.
Did horrible :redface:

TIM

Correct for "Best of the Best" on Thursday/Friday.

But the "Open" on Friday/Saturday is open to anyone who enters.

We cooked the first contest only this year.
Did horrible :redface:

TIM

One interesting comment from a judge's perspective, MOST of the entries that were on my judge's plate on Saturday for the Open were as good if not better than most of the entries on Friday from the BotB competition! Even with several "big" teams heading north for "bigger" competitions on Saturday, the quality of the entries was just as good. The "Big Pig Jig" (MBN - with over 100 teams) and the "Hog Happenin'" (KCBS, was happening in Shelby, NC and drew over 80 "big" KCBS teams) both were held on Saturday.

Keep trying! We'll try to look you up next year!

Back