Leg of Lamb Steak

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a throwdown going on? Come join us, they're a lot of fun!

This one is Foods You Love and I love me some lamb. Believe it or not, Wally World has some awesome lamb. I picked up some leg of lamb steaks. Seasoned it up with some Q-Salt.

95pasQzh.jpg

Cut up a couple cloves of garlic for some garlic pouch taters. Well, may have added an extra clove or three...

5dzhAHrh.jpg

The Big Joe finally thawed out, YAY! Added a chunk of hickory and smoked at 200-225 until it hit 115. Then cranked it up to finish things off. Was getting dark at this point.

h4F1LKBh.jpg

Plated up. Good stuff!

Zi9bKo2h.jpg

a2Ol12Ph.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Looks delicious Andy
Whats a Lamb Steak?
Found it, cut from the Leg

This one looks to be cut perpendicular to the bone. Bought a few more that are cut across the bone, which is what I'm used to seeing.

I like lamb too.Lamb chops is all I have tried.I cannot stand rosemary though.I dated her in High School and she left me quite jaded.Ha.I just have not ever been able to tolerate the taste of rosemary or cilantro.Your steaks look Stellar!

That's one fine lamb cook, Andy! I'll be on the lookout for those lamb steaks at Walmart. :thumb:

Love this fork shot, too!

a2Ol12Ph.jpg

As Mr. Ramsey would say, Spot On! Great job Andy. The black package beef steaks are really good at Wally World too

Well the worlds changing
I went looking yesterday without my man Blinkers on, and came home with some Lamb Steaks.
Has a choice of Rump Steak or Leg steak, go figga :thumb:

I tried to replicate that Fork picture but failed.
Was still pretty fine tho

When I come back to look at a cook thread more than once, it's usually either inspiring or mouthwatering. Or both, in this case!

Back