THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Marinated a 4+lbs leg of lamb with mix herbs (rosemary, thyme, and oregano), lemon zest (and a little juice), and chopped garlic. Topped it with a coating of Naturiffic's Garlicky Lemon seasoned salt. Also brushed some potatoes, carrots, onions, and Brussel sprouts with some olive oil and sprinkled on the same seasoned salt and put them into foil packets.

Everything went onto the MAK pellet grill.

rIvkHvo.jpg

vwnOfxs.jpg

7Dc7L7W.jpg

U2rfhio.jpg

x5FGV69.jpg

I ate a late dinner but it was worth the wait. :grin:

To the OP, do you find your MAK puts out a lot of smoke? I've read pellet grills don't smoke as much as stick burners, but do you find you Mak to be at the smokier end of the pellet grill spectrum? Considering a purchase . . . .

Thx all for the compliments!

To the OP, do you find your MAK puts out a lot of smoke? I've read pellet grills don't smoke as much as stick burners, but do you find you Mak to be at the smokier end of the pellet grill spectrum? Considering a purchase . . . .

I find the smoke profile on the MAK varies depends on how low of a temp you want to cook at. The Smoke setting on it appears to be at about 180-200 degrees and generates a good amount of smoke. That said, I haven’t smoked that much on it as I tend to use my Big Green Eggs or my gravity feed smoker for long cooks. I have a tendency to use the MAK at higher temps.

I really should try the smoke setting and let it go for a while to see how it does.

It puts out a lot of smoke and may be the smokiest out there. Pellet grills cannot be compared to stick burners, the smoke is very light. Love the food that comes off mine.

Back