THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
We haven't had any take out food, let alone a dine in experience at a restaurant in well over 6 weeks. 4 weeks ago we did some major stocking up and are still plenty good food-wise.

I was going to make a turkey sammich for lunch today, then saw we had a bit of leftover chili in the fridge that started a chain reaction in my brain that ended in nachos. There would be no turkey sammich for lunch today, and it was settled.

I found a fine assemblage of ingredients: leftover chili from chuck, both ground and chunky, a big bag of already grated Monterey jack, fresh homemade pico del gallo The Missus had made a few nights ago, some Mexican store bought salsa roja and deeply browned tortilla chips from the same store.

I loaded the pie tin full of the dark brown chips, heaped a big pile of monterey jack on the chips, and slid it in the toaster oven to fully melt. Once the proper meltiness factor had been achieved, I loaded the nachos with heated chili, pico de gallo, and salsa roja. I took two pictures before I dug in. I ate silently, relishing each and every bite.

IMG_6140_zpsbest4u0s.jpg

IMG_6141_zpsveneuyr2.jpg

This beats an average turkey sammich every day and twice on Mondays!

Looks wonderful!

Of course that's my kinda nachos Richard. I can taste them. :hungry:

Of course that's my kinda nachos Richard. I can taste them. :hungry:

Sako, I used the homemade chips from Vallarta for the nachos. Have you ever tried them? They are kinda burnt and an acquired taste, one might say...:rolleyes:

Fantastic! I've had nachos on my mind for the last couple days, and I think this is the push I needed to make it happen

Sako, I used the homemade chips from Vallarta for the nachos. Have you ever tried them? They are kinda burnt and an acquired taste, one might say...:rolleyes:

I haven't but I know what you're talking about. Smart and Final started bringing them in and they put them by the roti chicken display. I'm gonna grab a bag and they look guud.

I could use a couple of those bites right now... :hungry:

I have just enough chili to make another plate of nachos, Mongo. Should I do it and cancel the turkey sammich once again?

If I do have nachos two days in a row, for everyone's safety and protection, I should probably avoid the hot tube a for a few days...:mrgreen:

Back