THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Today I had a first failure, not my first time to fail, but this particular type failure. If it saves one rack of ribs, one pork picnic or one Tri tip it will be worth it. I lost mine. Failed. Learn from my mistake. I cooked a beautiful rack of ribs for future meals. Let them cool somewhat then placed in coldest part of my beerless beer fridge. 5 hours later I’m going to section them in 3-4 bone packages and they’re not cold. I temped them at 57*. Tri Tip 56* and picnic shoulder 58*. Freezer is perfect fridge not. The vents were blocked not allowing cold air to transfer. There are 3 vents and figure two of them do cold transfer and one is defrost. I’m not sure as I’m more of a social scientist and suck at ladders, machinery, instruments and electronics. Double wrapped all meats under the “when in doubt throw it out”, took the walk of shame to the dumpster and rearranged freezer so no vents are blocked. In a matter of minutes refrigerator temp probe reading 35*.

Messed up.
Oh, Marvin

Last edited:
I had to toss an uncooked brisket over the weekend…somehow the label ink disintegrated and I couldn’t tell when I bought it by checking the label and I kind of lost track of time, thinking it had to be more recent than it actually was. I decided to search through my Sams Club transaction history and found that I bought it 46 days prior. Figured it would be borderline at that point but I went ahead and trimmed and prepped it and stuck it in the fridge overnight. The sour smell that was present when I opened the package persisted to the next day even after rinsing and trimming and I thought that was my clue.

I paid about $2.50/lb for that brisket….46 days prior. The wastefulness hurts at that price, even more so what brisket costs now.

Beer fridge back in service. Fridge Holding 34-37* sometimes 40* right before it cycles. Don’t be like me
Clear the vents
Rookie mistake confirmed on my part.
Dammit

Last edited:
My oldest beer fridge wants to lightly freeze everything. That it is still working and chilling after 12 years in a garage with no insulation that hits triple digits all summer is a miracle in itself.

Sorry for your loss.

Back